To Ruins or Not?

jackinthebox422

OK

We will be in Cozumel and with it being 2012, my son wants to say he was at the ruins on the date reverse of the end of the world, 2.21,12.

How do we do this? is it really take 5 -7 hours? That is all day and we wanted to shop a little and the 16 year old want to see the Hard Rock -smallest one in the world, can tell you she isn't worried about the end of the world, unless my credit card stops working.

Any help is appreciated.:cool:;)

If you are also going to Costa Maya check out Native Choice for ruins. It was an excellent tour. Not the largest of ruins, but an easy 45 bus ride from the pier.

Many of the other Yucatan area ruins require up to 3-4 hours of rough road travel each way!

Aren't there some smaller ruins on Cozumel-San Gervasio and El Cedral? I have not been to them but remember seeing signs for them last year. i don't think it would take very long to visit these which would leave you time for shopping.

There are small ruins San Gervasio on the island. Nothing dramatic like Tulum. But unless your ship has an excursion to Tulum, you may not have enough time in port to do it on your own. It's really beautiful setting though even if the rocks start rolling down:eek::D

There are small ruins San Gervasio on the island. Nothing dramatic like Tulum. But unless your ship has an excursion to Tulum, you may not have enough time in port to do it on your own. It's really beautiful setting though even if the rocks start rolling down:eek::D

What are the San Gervasio ruins like? Are they worth going to see? I'll be back in Coz in May and have always thought about seeing them.

Archived