protective grandma

Ians Grandma

Unfortunately these days we have to be extra cautious everywhere, but i know Disney puts the safety fo their guests first.

So if they stop at a port, then I would feel it is as safe as any other place you could be. If you do an excursion, do one through the ship, not a private tour so you dont have to worry about checking them out.

All tours through Disney are well searched by DCL for safety among other things.

If things get worse in some areas, Disney will NOT stop there. So as long as they stop, then you should be just fine. Just stay in the tourist areas. No wondering off on your own. I would advise that on any foreign port.

I have 5 grandkids so I understand your concern. But I truly believe you can feel safe with Disneys choices of places to stop and excursions to take.

Kathy

We are booked on a Disney Med cruise in June. None of the currently scheduled ports is close to the areas with recent issues, which are on the southern coast of the Mediterranean. In past years there have been occasional strikes in Italian cities, but I have not heard of them affecting tourists except in causing traffic issues. If there is a real issue in a port, Disney will not stop there. Just in the last few months, they cancelled cruise stops in Tunis and in Mazatlan, Mexico, as well as guided tours in Egypt. I'm sure they are monitoring events closely and will make further adjustments if needed.

Archived