Roll Call: Shadow April 6 -15 2011

bdabob

This will be our first SS cruise and our first vacation without the children since 1988. We have enjoyed meeting up with other CC fans on our two past Celebrity cruises. We are also looking forward to visiting and exploring Vietnam.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband, Mark, and I (northern CA) will also be on this cruise as well as our friends John and Tonya from Maryland. I was on the Shadow's sister ship the Whisper three years ago. The other three will be experiencing Silversea for the first time, but we have all been on a number of cruises with Regent in the past few years which is a very similar experience.

Greatly looking forward to this coming adventure and very open to meeting for a cocktail (or two) and exchanging travel tales!

Hi Suzanne,

I was beginning to wonder if our group of four will have the Shadow to ourselves next month; thanks for responding!

Tracy and I are from Bermuda and will be travelling with Henry & Marion from South Dartmouth, Mass. This will be the first cruise on SS for all of us, and I think the very first cruise for our friends.

Tracy and I have been to Singapore and HK before but Vietnam will be a new experience for us; looking forward to it.

Singapore is a difficult place to get to in terms of number of flights

/stops/flying time. We have two days in Singapore before boarding to help rid ourselves of jetlag etc.

We'd be happy to meet up for a drink (or two); first ones on me!!

Cheers,

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Let the countdown begin (as if it already hadn't!!!).

What about getting together for a meet and greet drink at the pool bar at sailaway? Yes, I'm sure we will not be alone, but we will surely find a way to identify ourselves! If it is raining, the Panorama Lounge is a good substitute venue with a view!

OK! It's a date!

I have shoulder length brown hair and my husband is bald (and people say resembles Bruce Willis :confused:). We'll be with our friends John and Tonya, who some people have mistaken for our children :eek:. Sure, they are younger, but please!

We'll just approach people and say "Cruise Critic??" until we find you!

We leave Tuesday the 29th. Two nights in Singapore then on to Bali for three days before returning to Singapore for another two nights prior to boarding. I'll be ready to unpack and settle in!

Safe flights and see you onboard the Shadow!

Fair Winds and Following seas for your Indochine adventure Suzanne....sincerely hope Mark, John, Tonya and you have a ball. We will be in Ho Chi Minn City two days before you arrive in HCMinn City--will tell my DH to leave some silk and Jade for Tonya and you :)

Have a wonderful cruise on the Voyager Wes and Ida! We will compare notes and adventures upon our return!

Watch out for those motorbikes in HCMC. We will wave as we sail past you on our mutual sea day Thursday April 7th!!

Archived