Prepaying Shore Excursions

Epic_Bear

Is it possible to book and pay for your shore excursions before you go? I know we can book them on "My NCL", but my Mom wants to prepay them for Alaska (Tracy Arm!) in May.

Thanks!

The only way to prepay would be to order "on board credit" which you can get in $25/50/75/100 increments through "Bon Voyage" section of the website located under "Get Ready For Your Cruise"

Basically you can pre pay them. Here's what I did in September 2010 on our Med. Cruise. I felt like I didn't want to be responsible for carring my atm card or that much cash to pay for the excurssions, so I called NCL about 2 weeks before we sailed and I totaled up the entire cost of our excurssions we booked and I payed off that total onto our account. Now... this will appear as a payment that showed as an onboard credit that is refundable to you if you do not take all the excurssions. But a previous poster was correct, they didn't bill us until we had taken the excurssion. Example: when we first checked the account, no excurssions were billed upon boarding the ship, on monday we had taken an excurssion and by monday evening it had been billed to our account and that cost was depleated from my onboard credit I had prepayed. That's how it works. It makes it so much easier to do that. I am doing that same thing now for our cruise in April.

Basically you can pre pay them. Here's what I did in September 2010 on our Med. Cruise. I felt like I didn't want to be responsible for carring my atm card or that much cash to pay for the excurssions, so I called NCL about 2 weeks before we sailed and I totaled up the entire cost of our excurssions we booked and I payed off that total onto our account. Now... this will appear as a payment that showed as an onboard credit that is refundable to you if you do not take all the excurssions. But a previous poster was correct, they didn't bill us until we had taken the excurssion. Example: when we first checked the account, no excurssions were billed upon boarding the ship, on monday we had taken an excurssion and by monday evening it had been billed to our account and that cost was depleated from my onboard credit I had prepayed. That's how it works. It makes it so much easier to do that. I am doing that same thing now for our cruise in April.

If they actually charged you for them right away I imagine it would create a nightmare for them if they got cancelled. Much easier to bill them at the end.

If they actually charged you for them right away I imagine it would create a nightmare for them if they got cancelled. Much easier to bill them at the end.

They charged me after i had taken the excurssion. I took it in the afternoon and asked them for a copy of my charges that night, they had only charged me for the excurssion i took. Each day i had an excurssion the charge would show up later that night.

They charged me after i had taken the excurssion. I took it in the afternoon and asked them for a copy of my charges that night, they had only charged me for the excurssion i took. Each day i had an excurssion the charge would show up later that night.

I never looked at our bill until the last day when they left it in our cabin but each excursion charge was listed next to the day we took it however they didn't charge my credit card until the last day of the cruise.

Oh, I wonder if they deducted mine bacause it was coming off what I had prepayed to be an onboard credit. I bet that's why it was done like that. I prepayed them all, then any charges we incured while on the ship(drinks, internet) we paid off in cash the last night. I know from previous cruises we would leave a credit card number on file to payoff the account on the last night, and the charges would go thru the last night, this was the first time we had ever done it this way by prepaying stuff.

Archived