HMC being cancelled?

chach123

I've read that HMC is often cancelled on cruises. Is it cancelled much more than any other port? Is there a certain time of the year it's cancelled more than not?

Seems to be hit or miss. Some people have said they cancelled due to high winds but that the weather seemed really good out on a deck. Not really sure what the criteria is that needs to be met for tenders. We will be there in late September and have a cabana booked. I think I'd cry if HMC were cancelled for us.

Seems to be hit or miss. Some people have said they cancelled due to high winds but that the weather seemed really good out on a deck. Not really sure what the criteria is that needs to be met for tenders. We will be there in late September and have a cabana booked. I think I'd cry if HMC were cancelled for us.

Just remember that you will be sailing durning Hurricane season...keep that in mind! We will be sailing on the Liberty and even have a cabana waiting for us...and will be keeping fingers crossed that we dont get bad weather...I think the odds will be fairly good for us that the weather will be ok. I have heard the same thing about HMC (first time going there) cancelling for bad weather or high wind...just keep your fingers crossed thats all you can do!

We have booked cruises going to Half Moon six times and been there three. We always go between dec-feb, not huricane season, but it seems if the seas are rough or the wind is a problem they will hang around a couple hours to see if conditions improve them leave to Nassau or Freeport, poor substitutes if you ask me.

.....it was a gorgeous day out when we got to HMC. The ship waited in place for an hour and then left due to high winds and they couldn't tender.

I'll try again this August on the Miracle. Wish me luck.

:eek:

wasiii

We were there the 2nd week of February, beautiful day but guess winds were too high so the stop was cancelled. We ended up having another sea day. We were very disappointed but what are ya gonna do... :D

I was on this one too and it was quite unfortunate to miss HMC but I have to say the staff did their best to make sure we were amused for the extra day at sea. This was my first cruise and we had a cabana booked so I was pretty disappointed but I figure if the captain feels the need to disappoint 3000 people it must be a necessity.

We have taken 3 HMC cruises on the Fascination.

The last two Septembers and this past November.

The two September stops went off without a hitch.

In November it was a crystal clear day with only minor wind.

But the current was ridiculous that morning.

We stood up on deck and watched the Captain try to drop anchor and get set up for tenders, but the current kept pushing us around in circles.

Took the Behind the Fun Tour the next day and asked the Captain about it and he said that even using full power, he couldn't keep the ship straight and even if he could manage, he obviously could not burn that much fuel, all day, trying to keep the ship straight.

so we are 2 for 3 at HMC...

Same as we are at Grand Cayman so far......

Pretty much any tender port is a crap shoot.

Bill

Archived