Need help from past Paradise cruisers, please!

DMH15

Paradise question please!!!

What is the earliest we can get off in Long Beach on Monday morning? And part 2 of the question is a little trickier. We need to know how long a cab ride would take to get us into Hollywood.

We are trying to be there by 8:30 a.m. Do you think there's any way????

Technically you can self disembark from, about 8-8:30 or so, depending on when your deck is called. Then there's immigration to go through.

Long Beach to Hollywood is just around an hour's drive [quite a long way, LA's very spread out].

In other words, not a chance in hell.

The last time I went on Paradise I went straight from the pier to work in downtown LA. I disembarked with my own luggage at 8 am, went straight to my car, and made it downtown around 9:10 am. You would be going further than that to get to Hollywood, and would be facing a particularly traffic-filled portion of the 101. Having said that, the ship was cleared early on my sailing, and I could have disembarked at 7 am had I known to be up and ready ahead of time. However, even in that best case scenario, I think your chances would be slim to none to make it up to Hollywood by 8:30. The day I drove it traffic was fairly light, and I did not have to take the 405, 101, 10, etc, which are notoriously bad for the morning commute.

Enjoy your cruise though, and I hope you find something fun to do that morning!

Thanks much for the replies. I appreciate the prompt responses. I had a feeling that would be the answer. We will go to "Plan B" I guess. Oh well, can't "do it all" sometimes.

Hi there...I concur with the posters above.

Hey, whats your sail date in March?

Hi there...I concur with the posters above.

Hey, whats your sail date in March?

We leave March 4th. I see I miss you by a week.

Thanks for replying. It looks like what I had figured was correct. Here's what happened. I went online a few weeks ago and got tickets to the Price Is Right for the Monday 3/7 afternoon show. I got an email day before yesterday that that taping is now going to be for the "College Spectacular" show. My 76 year old mom and I really don't fit the demographic and I think they want groups. So, they offered us confirmed seating for Tuesday or Wednesday... trouble is our flight home is Tuesday morning. I did notice they had a taping Monday morning and thought "maybe?" I have gone to the show before, stayed at the Farmer's Daughter and we took turns going across the street and holding our place in line overnight, (there was 4 of us, so it was pretty painless), so guaranteed seats seemed to be a pretty cool scenario. But they said we needed to be there by 8:30 for processing, so it looks like that is pretty much impossible. I just wanted to confirm this and I knew my CC friends would be a better resource of knowledge than calling Carnival :)

Archived