Grand Caymen

ahutchins9

Seven Mile Beach begins a few miles north of town. I once walked there in about thirty minutes. A better way is to take one of the public vans. They leave from near the tender piers and cost only a few dollars.

You can shop in Georgetown on your own.

You can snorkel from Eden Rock for free if you bring your own equipment or you can rent equipment for a few bucks. Eden Rock is a short distance south of the tender piers, you can't miss it.

We will be in GC in Nov., our second visit. We have done the stingray thing so have been researching for our next cruise. They have a trolly (bus), either #1 Yellow, or #2 green that will take you from Georgetown to West Bay on 7 mile beach and returns to cruise port during the day. The cost I found was $2.50@ each way. They will drop you off wherever you decide. Google "GC transportation" and you can find a map showing the route.

We are considering Royal Palms on 7 mile beach. It's not rocky, the food averages $10, they rent loungers, floats and umbrellas for $10@. There is no enty fee and they have a swim up bar w/pool and a beach bar. The last review I found quoted the taxi rate at $4 to and $2.50 for the return trip.

Someone else wrote you could rent a taxi for $20-$25@ for a tour around town with visits to the turtle farm, dolphin park, rum cake factory. They can also drop you off on the beach and you can get transportation back to the ship when you are ready to leave.

Hopes this helps a little.

fourkittys:D

Seven Mile Beach begins a few miles north of town. I once walked there in about thirty minutes. A better way is to take one of the public vans. They leave from near the tender piers and cost only a few dollars.

My wife and I have also walked to Seven Mile Beach from the port. Very easy walk if you enjoy walking. We brought along our own beach towels and lounged in front of the Ritz. Most excellent day and cheap. There is a grocery store (Kirk Supermarket) on the way too, where you can pic up water, snacks etc.

If I do not book an excursion at this port what can you do once you leave the pier? I just want to go to the beach with out having to pay $50 pp.

When you get off the ship, look for a little guard-house type structure. (I don't know how else to describe it.) You can arrange a taxi for a fixed price to Seven Mile Beach. We asked to be dropped off across the street from the Marriott. Though we did pre-arrange a pick-up for the return trip, it's not necessary as there are plenty of taxis that will take you back. Bring your camera-Seven Mile Beach is stunning.

You can shop in Georgetown on your own.

You can snorkel from Eden Rock for free if you bring your own equipment or you can rent equipment for a few bucks. Eden Rock is a short distance south of the tender piers, you can't miss it.

We went to Eden Rock and really enjoyed it.

I love this area, it is one of my fav's. There is a lot you can do on foot and all of these suggestions are great. We were there last Oct and cab fair round trip to 7 mile beach was $7. Eden Rock was also beautiful. You'd have to work pretty hard not to have a good time here! Enjoy your trip!

So where on GC can you go for shopping, walking around buildings kinda tourist-y stuff? Is that right off the port, or would you want to take the shuttle people are talking about to 7 mile beach?

There are a lot of shops across the street from the port. One of our favorite things to do is to go from shop to shop and sample the different flavors of rum cakes. Yum!

Right across the street from where the tenders drop you off is shops galore (touristy stuff, jewelry store, Margaritaville, Hard Rock).

For the OP - as others stated. Take a quick cheap taxi ride to Royal Palms section of Seven Mile Beach. Gorgeous sands and water!!

Do you know what the minimum amount is for a poolside cabana @ Royal Palms? Is there bar service on the beach? Any other info that you can share about Royal Palms? Thanks, Shelly

Archived