Chef's Table - Some Booking Advice

Nezmo

Puglady,

I am now at 20 weeks waiting for my confirmation for the Chef's Table on the Triumph. I've requested twice via John's Blog and Host Mach has been very, very kind to try and help out as well by taking my info and getting it to John directly twice as well.

The problem seems to be once the info gets to the Triumph. I've given up waiting for confirmation and have decided that if it is available when we board, then it was meant to be.

I loved the Chef's table experience on the Dream. It was fantastic and really wanted to repeat the experience on the Triumph.

We had a similar problem when trying to book Chef's Table on the Fantasy in January. We had requested 3 different times through John's blog as well as with the assistance of Host Mach and still never received confirmation. When we got on board we went right to guest services and were specifically told that you can not pre-book the CT. We told him that John accepts reservations via his blog and then makes them for you. They said that they do not participate in that and all reservations are made on board. This could be the case with Triumph.

We could not book at guest services or by going to the dining room. We had to wait for the table advertising CT to open and we then successfully got reservations.

Good luck to you.

I have been all over his blog looking for link to Chef's table. There is a link for the steak house... I see nothing for the Chef's table?

There is not a specific link for the Chef's Table. You will need to reply to one of his blog entries. IN the subject line, put CHEFS TABLE REQUEST.

YOu will then need to include your name, sail date, ship, cabin number and number of guests. It will appear as though your information is being posted for the world to see, however it is not....it is moderated and then filtered to the appropriate person to send the request to the ship.

YOu will then get confirmation anywhere from 24 hrs to 1 week based on how busy John and the 8 zillion Stephanie's are.

Good luck.

If you would like John to make your reservation it needs to be requested from the right place. Go to John healds blog page, click on Chefs Table and submit your request. Requests are normally filled within 48 hours - enjoy!

There is no link for Chef's Table to submit your request. There is the Steakhouse link, however no Chef's Table link.

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

HO Holiday

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Thank you! Used the above info to send my request directly to Valor email address and got a response within a few hours. :)

The day is determined by the Chef once on board. It will NOT be on one of the formal nights.

On the return email I got from the Liberty Steakhouse host they gave me the two nights on my 4/23 sailing that the CT is scheduled for. They then asked me which of those two nights I'd like. The second of the two nights they gave me is a formal night.

So, perhaps some ships don't schedule the night ahead and/or perhaps it depends how many have already reserved. But, on my sailing in two months time they have already scheduled two days and shared the dates with me. And it appears they can be scheduled on a formal night.

Subject: RE: Chef's Table Reservation

Dear Neil,

The Chef’s Table will be held twice a week, on the 26th and 28th.

Please advise which of these two nights would you like to attend the Chef’s Table.

Cheers…

Monika Mandic

Steakhouse Hostess, Carnival liberty

Carnival Cruise Lines

Ext 1078/1079 | Cell 32191 | e: listeakhouse@carnival.com

On the return email I got from the Liberty Steakhouse host they gave me the two nights on my 4/23 sailing that the CT is scheduled for. They then asked me which of those two nights I'd like. The second of the two nights they gave me is a formal night.

So, perhaps some ships don't schedule the night ahead and/or perhaps it depends how many have already reserved. But, on my sailing in two months time they have already scheduled two days and shared the dates with me. And it appears they can be scheduled on a formal night.

Subject: RE: Chef's Table Reservation

Dear Neil,

The Chef’s Table will be held twice a week, on the 26th and 28th.

Please advise which of these two nights would you like to attend the Chef’s Table.

Cheers…

Monika Mandic

Steakhouse Hostess, Carnival liberty

Carnival Cruise Lines

Ext 1078/1079 | Cell 32191 | e: listeakhouse@carnival.com

Interesting....thank you for sharing. On our last cruise in January during Chef's Table we were told that they would not schedule on a formal night as people do not want to miss that. Maybe it is different from ship to ship as is the ship's willingness to pre-book people for it.

Well, after trying for 20 weeks to get a reservation, I emailed the maitre d on the Triumph directly Saturday evening and had a confirmation email today. :)

I absolutely loved the Chef's Table on the Dream. Hope the experience is as spectacular on the Triumph.

It took about 2 weeks. Not sure if it will help, but the Paradise maitre d' email is pamaitred(at)carnival.com Maybe try the first 2 letters of your ship instead of "pa"? Many companies set up their emails this way so you don't have to think about if you work there...it's worth a shot, worst that can happen is it bounces :D

I'd try the blog again too. 7 weeks is a long time.

I leave Fri 3/4. Used your tip and emailed 3 days ago and was confirmed yesterday. Thank you! CC rocks.

We got our confirmation for the CT for our September sailing. I'm curious about the dress code for this. Some guys in our group mentioned wearing tuxes. IMO that seems a little overdressed if it's not on a formal night. I mean, to each their own... but if a more "dressy casual" style is appropriate I know what me and my DH will be wearing!

I used JH blog to reserve the chef's table on the Dream and after no response I e-mailed the steakhouse directly. The response I received was a brief response saying "Please be advised that we already have your reservation through Jon Hearald's Blog". So .... since I didn't get a "confirmation e-mail" does this mean I'm not confirmed?

The response was so curt I don't want to try to get further information but I was looking for the actual "confirmation" e-mail everyone else seems to get.

Anyone else had this experience? At this point I figure I'll just wait and see what happens - if we don't get it, I can spend the $75 pp somewhere else ;)

I tried emailing several different spots, John's blog, facebook and the steakhouse. I finally got an email back last week from Eva Kiss at this site: drsteakhouse@carnival.com

She stated that we did have our reservations for the chef's table on the Magic for the May 1st sailing and we would know which night when we board. We have a party of 10 and she accomodated us with no problem. I am happy and can't wait. I also asked what all it entails and she said a 7 course meal, with a group picture, galley tour with the chef and unlimited wine. I noticed that someone had asked about taking children and unless their child is really well behaved for long periods I don't think they would enjoy the dinner that much.

I used JH blog to reserve the chef's table on the Dream and after no response I e-mailed the steakhouse directly. The response I received was a brief response saying "Please be advised that we already have your reservation through Jon Hearald's Blog". So .... since I didn't get a "confirmation e-mail" does this mean I'm not confirmed?

The response was so curt I don't want to try to get further information but I was looking for the actual "confirmation" e-mail everyone else seems to get.

Anyone else had this experience? At this point I figure I'll just wait and see what happens - if we don't get it, I can spend the $75 pp somewhere else ;)

I would think it's safe to say that as they "have your reservation" that you are booked.

Yippeeee........I received confirmation for the Chef's Tablef or 4 for our 1/8/2012 sailing on the Splendor! This is extra special for us because we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary :)

So is it a pretty sure thing that Chefs Table will not be on an elegant night? It seems the consensus is that you find out what night it is after you board. However, I posted this question to John Heald and he said "Tuesday mate" (for our seven day Valor). That would be first elegant night according to, again the consensus on the boards that your first sea day is elegant night. I'm confused.:confused: Doesn't really matter to me, but it does to my wife because of the closed toe shoe issue. That would not work for her on elegant night. :o

So is it a pretty sure thing that Chefs Table will not be on an elegant night? It seems the consensus is that you find out what night it is after you board. However, I posted this question to John Heald and he said "Tuesday mate" (for our seven day Valor). That would be first elegant night according to, again the consensus on the boards that your first sea day is elegant night. I'm confused.:confused: Doesn't really matter to me, but it does to my wife because of the closed toe shoe issue. That would not work for her on elegant night. :o
Per the posts above, it seems it can be on an Elegant Night. I'm sure it just depends on the ship.

Per the posts above, it seems it can be on an Elegant Night. I'm sure it just depends on the ship.

Oops, I missed those entries. Seems I was going from bottom to top, but skipped past to the first page. Guess we'll just wait and see. Would be nice if Carnival was able to let you know something like this in advance though. I'm still happy we got confirmation right away and am sooo looking forward to this experience.

If you are sailing the Valor your first sea day would be Monday right? At least ours was. So, our first elegant night was Monday.

Where did you see the part about closed toe shoes? I don't even pack them of a cruise ( except crocs for active excursions)

If you are sailing the Valor your first sea day would be Monday right? At least ours was. So, our first elegant night was Monday.

Where did you see the part about closed toe shoes? I don't even pack them of a cruise ( except crocs for active excursions)

I got told that when I received the confirmation. Was advise again when we received the letter once on board the ship. So bring a pair. You take a tour of the galley during the early supper seating....

However I also saw one of the women wearing open toes shoes and she was allowed to attend!

What is the deal with "close toe shoes"? There wasn't anything about that in the email confirmation from Carnival.

Safety issue since you will be touring the kitchen during service hours. They had the same policy on Princess for their Chef's Table but weren't super strict about it.

What is the deal with "close toe shoes"? There wasn't anything about that in the email confirmation from Carnival.

The confirmation you will get on board will state:

"...we recommend wearing closed shoes and avoiding high heals. And remember, there will be no photography allowed in the galley."

Archived