Chef's Table - Some Booking Advice

Nezmo

I apologize right now for starting another thread on the Chef's Table but as there are several threads floating around I wanted to make sure this was seen.

I know this can be booked via Heald's Blog and some have mentioned contacting the Steakhouse on board. I want to let folks know that I emailed the Liberty Steakhouse direct this morning (I had their address from SH bookings) and they responded in less than one hour. They also advised there are two Chef's Tables during the week. I am not clear if that's for my sailing only due to demand or whether it's every week.

Anyway, for those anxious because you are not seeing prompt replies to your bookings, perhaps try emailing the steakhouse.

For the Liberty, the address is listeakhouse@carnival.com. I assume the other ships follow the same naming conventions.

Good luck.

I had tried booking via the blog but after waiting 2 weeks I emailed the steakhouse on the Dream directly and received confirmation almost immediately.

I appreciate how busy John Heald is and how much work trying to catch all of these requests must be. So if you do want the Chef's Table I agree with the OP - email the steakhouse on board your ship!

I agree with e-mailing the steakhouse - I did so for the Dream and had confirmation the next day. Thank goodness for these boards - I had first e-mailed Carnival and asked them for the steakhouse e-mail address; they said they couldn't give it to me. So I came on here, got the address -DRSTEAKHOUSE@carnival.com - and voila!)

I posted to John's blog 7 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. I'm sailing on the Triumph and there is no steakhouse on board to email a request. So, I'm just going to give it a shot when I get on board. I hope I can get a reservation!

I have a few questions..... How does payment work? Do you pay upfront or via your S&S card once you board the ship? The reason I ask, is we are cruising with another couple. What happens if we make a reservation and we change our minds?

I posted to John's blog 7 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. I'm sailing on the Triumph and there is no steakhouse on board to email a request. So, I'm just going to give it a shot when I get on board. I hope I can get a reservation!

I booked mine on the Paradise, which has no steakhouse either. I booked through John's blog and my confirmation came from the head maitre d' on the ship. Maybe if you could find the maitre d's email for the Triumph...

Why on the world doesn't Carnival put this sort of thing on their website so that people can easily reserve the Chef's Table for their cruise? The reservation procedure using John's blog makes no sense... one person's blog handles requests for the Chef's Table on all ships, in addition to all manner of crazy requests encouraged by his attempt to try & take care of everything & everyone. I'm not bashing the guy, but the process is silly IMO, and from a business standpoint as well.

Also this past December on the Elation they had a table set up taking bookings as it was not fully booked prior to sailing. They had one seating. Best money that I have ever spent on board a Carnival cruise ship. I look forward to the Chef's Table next week on the Triumph. It is still a very well kept secret with little to no advertising. It seems that most of the people that even know about it are CC members and friends of John's Blog and Facebook page.

I booked mine on the Paradise, which has no steakhouse either. I booked through John's blog and my confirmation came from the head maitre d' on the ship. Maybe if you could find the maitre d's email for the Triumph...

I'll do a little searching and see if I can come up with something. I hate to post to his blog again. How long did you wait before you got the confirmation?

I'll do a little searching and see if I can come up with something. I hate to post to his blog again. How long did you wait before you got the confirmation?

It took about 2 weeks. Not sure if it will help, but the Paradise maitre d' email is pamaitred(at)carnival.com Maybe try the first 2 letters of your ship instead of "pa"? Many companies set up their emails this way so you don't have to think about if you work there...it's worth a shot, worst that can happen is it bounces :D

I'd try the blog again too. 7 weeks is a long time.

Why on the world doesn't Carnival put this sort of thing on their website so that people can easily reserve the Chef's Table for their cruise? The reservation procedure using John's blog makes no sense... one person's blog handles requests for the Chef's Table on all ships, in addition to all manner of crazy requests encouraged by his attempt to try & take care of everything & everyone. I'm not bashing the guy, but the process is silly IMO, and from a business standpoint as well.

Part of the problem I believe is there is a limit of 12 persons per night and the Chef's Table is held only one one or two nights.

Means to me they only take a total of 24 for 2 nights per 7 day cruise.

I may be wrong.

I have a few questions..... How does payment work? Do you pay upfront or via your S&S card once you board the ship? The reason I ask, is we are cruising with another couple. What happens if we make a reservation and we change our minds?

I would hope that since the Chef's Table only sits 12, that you would keep your reservation once you had been confirmed. You do not pay until you have eaten but on the Miracle it was only done for two nights and only 24 people total could attend it.

Yes Fr and fe :(

I found this somewhere on here... try FD?

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

HO Holiday

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

It took about 2 weeks. Not sure if it will help, but the Paradise maitre d' email is pamaitred(at)carnival.com Maybe try the first 2 letters of your ship instead of "pa"? Many companies set up their emails this way so you don't have to think about if you work there...it's worth a shot, worst that can happen is it bounces :D

I'd try the blog again too. 7 weeks is a long time.

Thanks for the maitre d info! I just sent a message off so we'll see if it comes back or not. If it does I'll give John's blog another shot. If it still doesn't work, I'll just take it as a sign it wasn't meant to be.

I used the advice to contact John via a reply to a recent blog. I did this on Friday and received confirmation for two at the Chefs table on Carnival Sensation for June 19th trip. I received an email from the Sr. Maitre from Carnival Sensation giving this confirmation Thanks to all who suggested this approach to obtaining a reservation and thanks to John.

I found this somewhere on here... try FD?

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

HO Holiday

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend