Please tell me how far in advance you booked connecting O/V rooms...

momof4girls

I posted a similar thread in CCL so I apologize in advance if this seems redundant.

How far in advance did you book connecting O/V rooms, and on what deck? We are looking at a family cruise in Nov 2012 (hopefully) but won't know for sure that we can book it until this summer. Will that be too late for a connecting O/V room? If it makes a difference, it will be on the Conquest out of NOLA. We are hoping for one of the lower decks (midship) since I have one dd that is very prone to motion sickness. Everyone has told me that lower and midship is the wisest place to look for a room.

It seems to be easier to book connecting rooms than across-the-hall rooms, fwiw. We tried to book an interior promenade room and a balcony cabin across from each other, 8 months out, and there was literally only one such pair left on our cruise. But plenty of connecting cabins. Depends on the category of stateroom, too.

I posted a similar thread in CCL so I apologize in advance if this seems redundant.

How far in advance did you book connecting O/V rooms, and on what deck? We are looking at a family cruise in Nov 2012 (hopefully) but won't know for sure that we can book it until this summer. Will that be too late for a connecting O/V room? If it makes a difference, it will be on the Conquest out of NOLA. We are hoping for one of the lower decks (midship) since I have one dd that is very prone to motion sickness. Everyone has told me that lower and midship is the wisest place to look for a room.

Are you sure you can't book now? Is cruise fully refundable? Can you spare the deposit money?

• 3 weeks later...

If you book with deposit now, you should be able to cancel & get all $$ back up to final payment date. But don't use the early special savings rate on Carnival because I don't think it is refundable. Be sure to clarify this with your TA or cruise line and write down name of person you spoke to, date and time!!!

I booked last July for the Liberty leaving this Saturday. As an fyi, last year I went with RC and booked the family suite. It was fabulous! Separate room for mom and dad with king size bed, living room with pull out sofabed, and another room with twin bunks. This was actually less expensive than the two connecting balcony rooms I booked this year because of the lower charges for passengers 3,4,5 and 6; but I do get two bathrooms and balconies this year. One caution: the family suite was on the bow of the ship, fabulous view but my seasick prone daughter did get sick the last night when they were going full speed back to Florida.

We booked connecting balcony rooms for the 5 us on Carnival Legend for June 2012 as soon as they posted the dates. (2 months ago)

Connecting rooms for a family of 5 were very limeted one set on the starboard side one set on the port side, Upper deck (5).

11 months ahead for a porthole/oceanview connecting. One room is a porthole, the other is oceanview and they connect and hold 3 people in each room. There were only 2 of these available on the ship, so I booked pretty early. The porthole rooms are REALLY cheap (that'll be the kids room) then our oceanview connects. I'm happy as pie about getting it.... even if I had to book super early.

Archived