Mazatlan in our out

Probably Cabo for 2 days:mad:

Wouldn't mind going to Topolobampo.

I wouldn't mind something like San Franciso, Astoria, Ensenada from San Diego. It takes 3 days to get to Vancouver from San Diego so I don't think Canada would be too good. We like the PNW cruises.

You know or you think?

You make the call.........nothing is for sure

Just out

January 19, 2013 15 Days R/T Los Angeles, CA on the Splendor

Looks like Splendor commitment to weekly Mex Riv is not Jan 19, 2013

plus

John Healds FB poll on which ship should replace the Spirit/Alaska

NCL is skipping Mazatlan and doing Cabo 2 days, BUT not over night, has to leave then go back to port!

Because Cabo is a tender port. There is a possibility that the ship will not be able to anchor or the seas will be too rough for the tenders

Mike--thanks for the info. Haven't looked into 2013 yet.

You make the call.........nothing is for sure

Just out

January 19, 2013 15 Days R/T Los Angeles, CA on the Splendor

Looks like Splendor commitment to weekly Mex Riv is not Jan 19, 2013

plus

John Healds FB poll on which ship should replace the Spirit/Alaska

Sounds like a good cruise

For the safety of the passengers, no. I believe it may come back but for now, to be on the safe side, they will skip that port.

It is sad to see the cruise lines skipping Mazatlan because of the violence. This thinking is like saying we shouldn't stop or have a port in Long Beach/San Pedro (Los Angeles area) because there is violence there. I understand that it the shooting of that man was near the port area, but he (as a tourist) was not targeted, and that violence could happen anywhere. From what I have read, there has been more violence (killing and robbing) of tourists in the Caribbean, and yet the ships are still sailing to these ports.

Probably Cabo for 2 days:mad:

Wouldn't mind going to Topolobampo.

I wouldn't mind something like San Franciso, Astoria, Ensenada from San Diego. It takes 3 days to get to Vancouver from San Diego so I don't think Canada would be too good. We like the PNW cruises.

I liked Topolobompo as well but heard the drug cartel was raising havoc in Los Mochis, so doubt if that would be much better than Mazatlan at this point.

My wife and I spent a week in Mazatlan in late December and had a great time. At no time did we feel unsafe. I'm sorry to see this reaction to one shooting. This happens at every port in every part of the world. Think of the violence you've read about in Jamaica for instance. I believe it brings up the thoughts of cartels and such, but so far, the killing has nothing to do with that.

Archived