Anyone Missed Coco Cay lately?

Keri's Cruisin'

Not recently, but in Mar 2010, we missed CoCo Cay on the Freedom due to water conditions.

We went back to CoCo Cay the very next week on the Monarch and we got to the island, but it was nearly aborted again.

The ironic thing was that 60% of our cruises have been in the Sep-Oct timeframe when hurricanes are active - and even one cruise in 2005, and we have never missed a port or had a schedule change due to a hurricane. Came close, but never had to make a change.

But then we missed CoCo Cay in March, outside of the hurricane season...

One of the crew members remarked to me that out of the previous 10 weeks, they had to abort 8 times. I am not sure if that is common this time of the year or last year was a fluke.

We "sort of" missed it last June on Majesty. Just as the tender made it to the island the monsoon hit. I have never seen it rain that hard for that long. We ran to the bar and stood under the shelter for about an hour. Then word came that they were evacuating the island. So we made our way back to the tender boat through the poring rain, thunder and lightning. Looks like a nice place, just wish we could have seen it.:(

Of our recent cruises. We made it on the Dec 17th cruise, missed it on our Jan 7th cruise last month (too windy/wavy)

How windy was it? I was checking the weather for the Bahamas area and they are showing 10mph winds. Do you think that would be too windy to make Cocoa Cay?

Archived