Travelling by train from Haifa to Akko

jennjess

We will have a full day in port in Haifa and I was looking into taking the train to Akko which seems to be quite close by and looking around by ourselves.

Is the train station close to the port area? Has anyone been to Akko and could give us tips on what to see there and in the area and if there are any areas which we should avoid.

Any advice would be appreciated.

We will have a full day in port in Haifa and I was looking into taking the train to Akko which seems to be quite close by and looking around by ourselves.

Is the train station close to the port area? Has anyone been to Akko and could give us tips on what to see there and in the area and if there are any areas which we should avoid.

Any advice would be appreciated.

More than advise...

use the attachment for tips to the independent traveler to Akko from Haifa Port.

Enjoy!

Tips for the independent traveler from Haifa to Akko.pdf

Motib

Many thanks for the fantastic detailed information. I think this is what we will do.

We will then also have some time to spend in Haifa. What would you suggest that we should definitely see and do in Haifa?

Wow, that's great information. I just was doing a google search on train from akko to haifa and this popped up! We too will be on a cruise docking in Haifa and I think I will do this independently, and then perhaps even take the bus to Jerusalem to overnight and rejoin the cruise in Ashdod. Any recommendations for getting to Jerusalem?

Thanks!

Seems someone answered, but yes, there is a train station in the port area. Not sure the train station in Akko is very central, it's been far to long since I visited that town.

Train to Jerusalem is for the view only -- takes forever -- use the bus.

But the view is spectacular if you have the time.

Marian Paroo

Thank you for your reply. We have decided to take a taxi and guide to Jerusalem as the public transport option seems alittle to complicated and time consuming and we want to have as much time in Jerusalem as possible. But we will use Motib's information to go to Akko from Haifa independently.

Thanks again

We have decided to take a taxi and guide to Jerusalem as the public transport option seems alittle to complicated and time consuming and we want to have as much time in Jerusalem as possible.

Good choice. With the new "light railway" in the city things are in a bit of confusion. Lots of rerouting. Your taxi driver may have a couple of problems himself/herself, but at least you won't have to hop from bus to bus.

Enjoy!

Good choice. With the new "light railway" in the city things are in a bit of confusion. Lots of rerouting. Your taxi driver may have a couple of problems himself/herself, but at least you won't have to hop from bus to bus.

Enjoy!

Marian

Thank you we will!

Archived