My thoughts on Carnival Paradise coming to Tampa.

DarthGrady

We are now only a few months away from losing Inspiration to the West Coast. At first I was sad to hear about her leaving, since I have had some great cruises on Inspiration over the years. But the more I think about it, I realize that the Paradise won't be a bad successor. I assume the itineraries will stay the same, so all that will change is Florida getting a newer ship. I was just looking at some pictures of Paradise on another thread, and they brought back some memories. I like that she hasn't gotten all the mods that the other have. Here are my hopes for her when she does go to dry dock:

1) They leave the old water slide as is (at the main pool), and leave the aft (adult) pool in place. The Waterworks was a fine theory, but it doesn't work in practice. It leaves the ship with only one pool. The main pool then gets over run with kids, even though the Waterworks is supposed to draw them away. Not very resort like. Which of course leaves no place for adults to swim without having kids around since Serenity only has hot tubs.

2) They should leave the Rex Disco alone, in its original full size configuration. Some of the Fantasy Class ships have their discos divided in half, with the aft section made into a conference room. This causes the dance club to get packed unnecessarily.

3) The cabins and hallways get the same makeover that the others have had. It makes the rooms look very nice.

That will be nice. My only cruise on her was a four day, so I didn't get a pin.

Ask at Guest Services. Although last time I asked for a PIN, the gal brought out a PEN, I said 'No, a pin'. She said they had no more PINS. I took the PEN.:p

Since we like to cruise from close to home, to avoid airfare, this gives us another ship to try. I have cruised on the Ecstasy, Elation, soon Paradise and then Inspiration, all from California. It's nice of them to rotate ship to me. :D;)

I've been on all those ships, out of SoCal too.

That's a good way to look at it!:)

Since we like to cruise from close to home, to avoid airfare, this gives us another ship to try. I have cruised on the Ecstasy, Elation, soon Paradise and then Inspiration, all from California. It's nice of them to rotate ship to me. :D;)

Same here...got to do the Pride too before she left. My very first Carnival cruise was on the Ecstasy in 2001 :) We're going to hit the Inspiration for New Years Eve!:)

I've been on all those ships, out of SoCal too.

That's a good way to look at it!:)

It is a good perspective!

New ship new shows?? I wonder if the Inspiration shows go with the ship to cal. Just off the Inspiration, great shows, but I'd like to see some new shows next year. I think I've seen SHOUT 3 times now between Inspiration, and Imagination (2x)

New ship new shows?? I wonder if the Inspiration shows go with the ship to cal. Just off the Inspiration, great shows, but I'd like to see some new shows next year. I think I've seen SHOUT 3 times now between Inspiration, and Imagination (2x)

I was on Paradise for New Year's and one of the shows was Shout. They also had one called 8 More Seconds.

Archived