Celebrity Passages

fdpevey

I keep seeing these mentioned in occassional posts. Seems to be some sort of future cruise credit, maybe? This is our first Celebrity cruise in a very long time and I don't remember these – what exactly are you buying and what is the advantage?

I keep seeing these mentioned in occassional posts. Seems to be some sort of future cruise credit, maybe? This is our first Celebrity cruise in a very long time and I don't remember these – what exactly are you buying and what is the advantage?

You pay $100/pp for a certificate that allows you to pay a reduced deposit of $100/pp when you book a future cruise. Suites require a full deposit ($900) so when you use the Passages certificate you would need to pay the difference. The Passages certificate also gives you OBC ranging from $50 per cabin for cruises of 3-5 nights, up to $300 per cabin for cruises of 14 nights or longer. The certificate is non-refundable but never expires. It can be transferred to another cruise if you cancel before final payment, or put back into your Passages "account" to be used at another time.

When we booked our Passages Account we were offered more than one (you can apparently now buy multiples), and were also given two "Friends and Family" certificates so up to two other couples could get the same deal of the discounted deposit and OBC, as long as they book the same cruise within 30 days of our booking. The ones we bought last week are valid until the end of 2015, but we were assured they would extend them upon request.

Archived