10 Year Anniversary Surprise! Need more ideas She has no idea!

vizzle

10 Year Anniversary Surprise! Need more ideas She has no idea! I hope I can keep it!

I booked a Cruise on the Carnival Miracle today for May 30th a Balcony. It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. She has always wanted a balcony. This will be our 2nd Cruise.

I am going to you guys to give me some more ideas on how to make this even more special then it already will be.

I hope I can keep this a surprise. I am not sure when I will tell her. A friend of ours is springing for a Limo to NY for this as well.

10 Year Anniversary Surprise! Need more ideas She has no idea! I hope I can keep it!

I booked a Cruise on the Carnival Miracle today for May 30th a Balcony. It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. She has always wanted a balcony. This will be our 2nd Cruise.

I am going to you guys to give me some more ideas on how to make this even more special then it already will be.

I hope I can keep this a surprise. I am not sure when I will tell her. A friend of ours is springing for a Limo to NY for this as well.

Steakhouse one night (if available), Chef's Table (if interested).

You can always take her favorite bottle of wine or champagne in your carry-on with you.

In all honesty though, I think whatever you do, elaborate or simple she is going to enjoy just being with you.

You can also leave a note at the guest services desk to be read during the morning show.

Happy anniversary and have fun!

Depending on your budget - you can purchase items that spell out carnival miracle leading up to when you actually want to tell her. It doesn't have to be anything big, just little useful things that you might take on a cruise. You can stretch this out over a few weeks to keep it going longer so you're telling her, but not really.

I did this for my husband for a trip for our 5th year anniversary -- but it was Las Vegas at that time. Now, it's cruising for us. But anyhow - others were allowed to help him guess and put the pieces together. He actually opened everything for his Birthday which is the same month as our anniversary.

To keep the surprise going, you can have items delivered to the room each day / night from Bon Voyage. You can arrange to have your vows renewed at sea.

Other thoughts -- you can leave little clues on post it notes and have her wondering - put them in her car one day, on the mirror, in her make up bag or on the nightstand, etc...

Hope this gives you a few ideas.

Have a great cruise !

Bon Voyage dept. Go to Carnivals website and check with them. They have PLENTY of different things that you can get to have placed in the room before you get on the ship. Various different ideas are chocolate and champagne, roses. All kinds of things.

I have booked a surprise cruise for DH 40 birthday. I have kept the secret for 2 weeks and have almost 2 months to go before his birthday. Not at all sure I can keep it up. I have gotten some good ideas on how to tell him from other posters. Things like ... Give him sunscreen and flip flops for birthday present, get brochures from TA for ports, wrap up CCL glass, etc. Problem I have now is he has decided to take whole family on cruise in the fall and I can't tell him that we (just 2 of us) are going this summer. We have not cruised in 6 years and now we may go on 2 cruises in 3 months!!! Yikes! Anyway, good luck with your surprise. I will be watching for more ideas from other posters.

I just did this for my husband last summer, and we had the best time ever!

I managed to not tell him at all. My family helped me to keep the whole thing secret. His vacation was already scheduled, (his second one for that year), and since we had just sailed in May, he planned on building a fence for our yard during this week. I pre-paid everything in advance, special dinners, excursions, and tips, got a limo, got the flights, and packed everything while he didn't know. Packed bags were transfered to our daughters house, and we were invited to go out for breakfast that morning. All our kids were there, and after we ate we were out in the parking lot, the luggage was carried out and put in our truck, everyone hugged him and said goodbye. He was just shocked beyond belief, and all I would tell him was drive to the airport, he was shaking, saying i really need you to tell me, and I wouldn't. I knew since we were flying to Los Angeles he would think we were going to Disneyland, and I just let him think that! The Limo was another great surprise, and he didn't figure out it was a cruise until we got to the hotel which was across the street from the port! It was our first cruise that we didn't have a big group of people. It was so wonderful and romantic!

The excursions and the tips being pre paid, and the specialty dinners, kept the surprises coming throughout the week. My husband is the king of surprises, but I finally beat him at his own game!

How about planning a surprise wedding vow renewal while you are on the ship? You could set everything up beforehand and surprise her with that too. Have you read Mikey's thread with the B2B2B2B review? He did the surprise vow renewal for his wife and she loved it!

I have not read it, where do I find it.

Although my cruise was not a surprise, he had lots of little surprised waiting for me. He had roses delivered to our MDR table for two (before we arrived), champagne waiting at our table, dessert with a candle, updo hairstyling in the beauty salon onboard, etc. The purser, who we met a couple days earlier, even send a bottle of wine over with a card. It was on the second formal night, so we were already dressed up. My clients send chocolate covered strawberries and sweets to our room via Bon Voyage. It was perfect!

I attached 3 pics below of the evening.

100_0218.jpg.e1583744eaa377e7d48ef224a584e3a9.jpg

100_0197.jpg.eab9da81dcdc90b4708f957b08f084f3.jpg

100_0199.jpg.34f53dd7471fdf1732fc84d7573cdf3c.jpg

I think your ideas are fabulous....You are very sweet...your wife is a lucky woman.

However depending on your wife you might want to tell her before the cruise with enough time for her to pack the right clothes. (unless you have older daughters to help you pack.)

I would love to be surprised with a trip...however I would not want someone else to pack for me. Especially toiletries.

Maybe you could say that you are going somewhere with weather specified and not tell the actual destination.

I also think the vow renewal would be a great surprise and one that would be very touching to her.

Also a massage and hairstying. Flowers, sweet cards and funny ones too.

Archived