Victor Bodden vs Theris Dixon

Sandoo

Need feedback on what to do in Roatan. I'm a single mom with two girls (18 and 19). Who's company is better, Victor Bodden or Theris Dixon? Or is it better to go with the ship's excursion? How safe is it for us to go off on a private tour on our own? Thanks in advance!

I don't think there are any safety concerns on Roatan; most of the economy is built around tourism so they treat visitors well. I've been traveling there regularly since the early 90s with my wife (and more recently with my 2 young sons, now age 7 & 5); I've never felt even remotely unsafe. Do get off the ship & see the island, it is truly one of the prettiest I've visited.

We were down on a cruisestop recently & went with Theris Dixon's company (we were with her husband, Enry). Top notch outfit - very nice, comfortable van, and Enry was born & raised on the island & knows its' history & highlights. I have no problem highly recommending them to anyone, and if I had friends or family visiting the island that is who I'd send them to tour with. I've not toured with Bodden, but he has always received very positive reviews, too.

I would suggest booking with one of them as opposed to booking through the cruiseline, but it's just personal preference on my part. The costs are typically much lower booking on your own as opposed to booking through the ship.

We just returned from Roatan last week and had the best time. We booked with Theris Dixon and had the best time. Her english was great, has great information and stories and loves to share. I could not recommend her more!

I did extensive research prior to our cruise and and THRILLED I decided to go with Theris Dixon. Have no fear and you will have a great time.

Archived