Parents in Princess cabin and kids inside cabin - different dining rooms?

genegri

I have a weird question.

If parents book a princess suite and book kids into an inside, does it mean parents and kids will end up in different dining rooms?

Never traveled with Cunard before, so never even thought about this scenario till now.

I have a weird question.

If parents book a princess suite and book kids into an inside, does it mean parents and kids will end up in different dining rooms?

Never traveled with Cunard before, so never even thought about this scenario till now.

You will be more than welcome to dine with your children in Britannia - not the other way around - maybe something could be worked out with the 3rd and 4th passenger charges in PG although I don't think there are any 4 pax PG staterooms on QM2.

I have a weird question.

As you by now know, the answer is "yes".

Please also bear in mind that there needs to be an adult in each cabin - adult meaning over eighteen. Whether a steward would report any infringement of this probably depends on the age of your children!

Given that there are safety and security implications, I don't believe a tip would sort this out - the job is too valuable for the individual crewmember to risk.

WD

You have to book your child into the princess or queens room. You can then buy an inside room at cost (not inluding meals, etc). A fir number of people do this or their luggage, etc.

Thank you! This sounds like the best solution. The only drawback is to make it legal, it will have to be a suite that holds 4, which are very limited numbered. Not to mention to take up a 4 people cabin when it's not needed and leaving people who actually need it without. But it's a good solution. We will need to figure out 3rd and 4th fares to see if it make sense to do this way or simply book 2 princess cabins.

You will be more than welcome to dine with your children in Britannia - not the other way around - maybe something could be worked out with the 3rd and 4th passenger charges in PG although I don't think there are any 4 pax PG staterooms on QM2.

Really? All four people can dine in Britannia? We actually won't mind that as a solution if it is allowed. We are not foodies. We have done luxury cruises before (with Crystal because we don't drink much). While we loved the fine food and formal dining experience, it was never the more important part of the cruise.

An alternative solution would be to leave things as is and once a while, everyone goes to King's Court. :D

As you by now know, the answer is "yes".

Please also bear in mind that there needs to be an adult in each cabin - adult meaning over eighteen. Whether a steward would report any infringement of this probably depends on the age of your children!

WD

The kids are adults themselves. :p In fact, we are the kids. It's our parents and us.

Another interesting thing I just found is on QM2, on deck 10, there are 2 sets of connecting cabins (10060 and 10062, 10087 and 10089) where one is QG and one is PG. Wonder what is the big idea behind that? :)

Really? All four people can dine in Britannia? We actually won't mind that as a solution if it is allowed. We are not foodies. We have done luxury cruises before (with Crystal because we don't drink much). While we loved the fine food and formal dining experience, it was never the more important part of the cruise.

If the dining experience isn't the most important part of the cruise why don't you book connecting Britannia cabins for everyone? You'll still have a great dining experience and you would save some money for whatever it is that is important to you when cruising.

Another interesting thing I just found is on QM2, on deck 10, there are 2 sets of connecting cabins (10060 and 10062, 10087 and 10089) where one is QG and one is PG. Wonder what is the big idea behind that? :)

I suppose the idea would be to get your parents the QG suite and you guys can occupy the PG suite that connects. If you do this then your parents can join you for meals in the Princess Grill and you would then all experience dining in the Grills - not to mention better staterooms.

We have done this on several cruise lines and Club Meds and it always works out great. The problems with "family suites" on some are that the kid's beds are bunk beds - and small. Also with teen age girls, they prefer their own privacy.

As to not letting others have the large suite - we all use it during the day and evening - just not at night.

I was first told many years ago that you "can't do it". Then when we got to the ship, we were told that we could rent an inner room for "luggage", etc.

The kids often eat by themselves or with other kids that they meet - but it fun to have them for dinner half the time - especially on the dress up nights. I have felt the dress in the P/Q is much "nicer" than that in B. And it is less crowded and dinner more enjoyable as you feel less rushed.

And finally, my oldest loves "room service" and in the P/Q, she can do so. She comes to our room in her PJs and vegs. She actually sleeps better in the darker, quieter inner room

Archived