Great Book for first time Carnival children

mass02703

From the day that we returned from our last cruise this past November my 3 year olds night time story of choice is "Freddy Gets his Sea Legs". We read it at least every other night. She loves Freddy and enjoys reminiscing about all of the activities on the boat. It is written in rhyme and very cute. She thinks Freddy is the biggest star and can't wait to see him again. I think that it would have been really nice to have had the book to read prior to her first cruise. She would have been so excited anticipating getting to meet Freddy (and some of the activities on the ship).....and then the Freddy doll that was waiting for her in the cabin (it would have meant so much more). I thought that I would put this out there for those of you that have a first time trip planned with a young child, it may be worth trying to get your hands on a copy of the book. It is a really cute book that makes for a great bedtime story for us. I searched for the book online and was only able to come up with one site that it was available

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/author/Brazington,%20Claire

Unfortunately they are way overcharging because I am pretty sure that we bought the hardcover book for $2.00 on the ship. I bet someone on the boards that is sailing soon would be willing to buy a copy and ship it to you.....if you asked.

Although it is a Carnival-themes book, do you think the content is transferable to other lines? We are booked on NCL in August with our daughter, who has cognitive delays, and some way to prepare her in advance would be a reall bonus!

The book is really based around the Character of Freddy. I am not sure that it would be of too much value to you on NCL, as it really doesn't focus as much about the cruising experience. I did do a search for you (and realized there really aren't that many children's books about cruising). I did find one website that may have something of interest

http://www.oreldacorelda.com/cruise_vacation_kids_book.htm

Good Luck.......gets me thinking that maybe I should write a children's book about cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived