Has anyone flown on Spirit Airlines into FLL

ape1020

Has anyone flown on Spirit Airlines into FLL? I have never heard of them but they are $150 cheaper pp than other airlines. Anyone ever tried them?

Yes many times:D

Be aware they charge for all luggage now, and if you pick your seats.

If you let them pick your seat at checkin, no charge.

After all those charges, the fare is only slightly cheaper than the other airlines.

The airport is very close to where we live, so we use them.

We are also a $9 fare club member so we catch some great airfare at times, for ex: on our last cruise in Jan., Dh and I flew r/t to fll, for $110 total for us both:D

Also have use airmiles 2x for free r/t to Fl.

This upcoming Oct. we have booked for our cruise, airfare for two r/t

$165 total (haven't book our seats or paid for luggage yet, so this will increase)

So, I suggest you compare all airfare w/competing airlines;)

Has anyone flown on Spirit Airlines into FLL? I have never heard of them but they are $150 cheaper pp than other airlines. Anyone ever tried them?

I've been flying them for about 15 years on the MYR-LGA and about the past six MYR-FLL and love them.

Don't expect any customer service, I mean zero, but they are well priced.

Just used them for the first time--they also charge for carry-on bags--and if you are tall you will be uncomfortable as the seats are so close together--DH is 6 feet tall and his knees were jammed against the seat in front of him. Unless you get a "deal" with the fare it can all add up to the same cost as other carriers.

We flew them 2 years ago from NY, and while we got a good price, I can't say that I would jump to fly with them again. Had issues trying to get help with things beforehand...NO customer service. Then the seats were so close together and NO legroom, that I was horribly uncomfortable and claustrophobic...I have flown many times and those were the worst flights I've ever had. And now they're charging for everything you can imagine. I found Jet Blue...will stick with them or Southwest;)

I fly them every month to Jamaica, every 6 weeks to Detroit and occasionally to Nicaragua. It's a basic no frills airline. Out of at least a dozen trips I've only had one delay and that was due to a snowstorm. You pay for seats, luggage, etc but it's still a deal. Never a safety issue. The only downfall is that if you missed the flight for whatever reason, they do NOT have agreements with other airlines where you could take another flight. If you are on one of the newer airplanes the leg room is average. Older planes may have less.

I fly them every month to Jamaica, every 6 weeks to Detroit and occasionally to Nicaragua. It's a basic no frills airline. Out of at least a dozen trips I've only had one delay and that was due to a snowstorm. You pay for seats, luggage, etc but it's still a deal. Never a safety issue. The only downfall is that if you missed the flight for whatever reason, they do NOT have agreements with other airlines where you could take another flight. If you are on one of the newer airplanes the leg room is average. Older planes may have less.

Hahaha!

You basically get a seat with them. That's it.

We flew them a couple of times It is worth the extra $$ to get the big comfy leather seats. Their version of first class. Sometimes you can get that for about $30 more per ticket. Well worth it. Coach seats are crammed together so tight. Pray you get an exit row.

Archived