fll renaissance

beachfanatic

has anyone stayed here? do they have

an airport shuttle? I just got it for $75.00

for one night October 1. I was trying

for the embassy suites but priceline upgraded

me to a 4*. Is the pool ok enough to spend

an afternoon at? any info would be appreciated?

The Renaissance does have an airport shuttle, but no cruise port shuttle (complimentary, at least). Nice 4* convention-style hotel on 17th. Definitely ask for a south-facing room so you can see the port.

The pool location is one weakness of the property. While it is well screened, it has an unfortunate placement right next to 17th, so it's not the most peaceful location.

Lots of nice restaurants nearby. Bimini Boatyard and Bravo's are popular and less than a block away. Water taxi is about 2 blocks. Publix and Eckard's about 2 blocks the other way.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Hi Amber,

I have a room booked at the Renaissance for 2 nights prior and 1 night post cruise in early February of next year. I got the room through Priceline for $72 a night. Do they entertain requests for specific rooms when the booking was made through Priceline? I really appreciate that you share your expertise in these matters with us.

Seagulls, I've not had a single report of someone asking for a port-view room and not receiving it at this property. They tend to be quite accommodating to Priceline guests icon_smile.gif

I just got a room for Feb. 5 for $82. I bid $65 and it came back with a counter offer. It may not be as cheap as I could have gotten if I waited, but it's a 4* cheaper than the 2-1/2 *'s regular discounted rates. To request a south facing room, do I call the Renaissance reservation line or the hotel itself?

LindaKE

Sun Princess(Alaska)

Carnival Inspiration

[This message was edited by LindaKE on 04-29-04 at 11:07 AM.]

Lee - you are within sight of the pier - figure 5-10 minutes, depending on the backup at security and which berth your ship is in.

Linda - call the hotel directly icon_smile.gif

Amber sorry for asking so many questions. I too am booked at the Renaissance from February 3 to the 5. Should I call now to request a specific room or wait tuntil closer to the time? Also I am having trouble finding the direct telephone number for the hotel, can anyone help?.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gracecarmo:

Linda: re the shuttle you mentioned: is this the shuttle to the pier, or the shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

Grace<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

Sorry that it took so long to reply, have not really been reading this section icon_smile.gif

Unless something changed since this past April, there was not a shuttle period. I think that there used to be because that is what attracted us to this hotel. I could be wrong but I think that the Embassy Suites also discontinued their complimentary shuttle service.

We did see a shuttle service offered by Rennaisance for the Plantation location. We stayed at the one closest to the pier and it was no longer offered. It was truly not a problem, there were plenty of taxis. Funny story though, we had a taxi driver that did not speak or understand any English and trying to pay him and then recieve change was very interesting. You may want to make sure that you give your taxi driver the exact amount of fare and then the tip icon_smile.gif

Hope that helps.

Linda

I was just there last week. No airport shuttle, but they do have a free shuttle to the pier (which is quite near.) We had dinner at Bimimi Boatyard and a nice little continental breakfast at a coffe shop next door. Nice hotel

Hi everyone, We are cruising on the Caribbean Princess on 7/3/04. We are staying at the Embassy Suites the night before and we were just told that the free shuttle that they offer does not start until after 1:15pm. No way are we going that late. Can anybody tell us if there is a taxi that is big enough to hold 6 people plus luggage and how much it could be to go to the pier? Thanks for you help.

Archived