Grenada,beach or tour ,suggestions???

luv2cruz123

Going April 05 on Constellation and wondering which people prefer,tour,beach or both? We are couch potatoes but never been to this island.Suggestions?
There's a private tour operator that goes by the name Mandoo which is highly recommended on these boards (use the search tool to find reviews). He has a website at www.grenadatours.com. You can email him to find it if he has space for your trip. Alternately, I hear Grand Anse beach is very nice for a relaxing day.

~Paul

Personally I would recommend a tour that includes the Dougaldston Estate which is a facinating place to visit.You can imagine yourself back in time and how life used to be.

It is also a good place to buy any spices as they cost a fraction of what you would pay elsewhere.

You could ask to see their steam drier which is housed in one of the buildings,this is the only one of its type left in working condition but you will need to ask to see it.

As already suggested Mandoo comes highly recommended for island tours.

We negotiated a tour of only what we wanted to see and told our driver to drop us off at the beach (Pink Gin). He offered to come back in 3 hours and pick us up. He charged $30 for the tour and $15 for the ride back to the ship...incl a stop at a grocery store for Grenada Choc. Company bars.

Have fun!

We just got off the Constellation and in Grenada we went to Grand Anse Beach.

While we were there we were approached by a taxi driver and negotiated with him a mini tour of the island - almost 2 hours. It was worth it- he charged us $15.00/hr and we got to see quite a bit. We enjoyed Grand Anse. I am olive skinned and tan easily but the sun is SO strong in Grenada that after 3 hours I was ready to leave and go on the tour. However, while on the beach, we found a wonderful palm tree that the guy who got us our chairs placed us and it was a wonderful beach day!

Going April 05 on Constellation and wondering which people prefer,tour,beach or both? We are couch potatoes but never been to this island.Suggestions?

We prefer to get to see the islands that we visit, vs just hitting a beach and never seeing any more than that. We booked a 1/2 day tour with A&E tours to see the waterfalls, Grand Etang lake, etc which is about 4hrs which will still leave us plenty of time for the beach! Got to do both I say.

I was there for 2 weeks just after the invasion (U.S. Embassy) and went back in 96 on a cruise. Try to get at least a greater St. Georges tour and do Grand Anse too. Two hours in a taxi for $30. was the price in 96 also. Famous joint on the Corniche is the Nutmeg. People most friendly. Or they use to be, they loved their liberators. Used a old friend from 83 and his vehicle in 96, Selwyn Victor.

We will be in Grenada in 2 weeks and I really don't know much about the tours and such. I prefer to find someone local. They are always so interesting with all of the local information and traditions. I am thinking of just taking a cab for the day.

Does anyone have any information about Camerion Reid? I see that he is mentioned in this thread and wondered if a tour with him would be good. We are only there for a few hours. Coming in on the Sun Princess.

I would love to find something before I go. I understaned that Mandoo is highly recommended, too. We would like to tour around a bit and then go to a beach for the last hour or so.

We used Camerion Reid. Book him for a tour of the island and then he will take you to the beach. Grand Anse is lovely.

I think there might be some confusion on Cameron. We just got back from the Constellation (3/5-3/12) and toured with Cameron in Barbados (http://www.scenicbarbados.com). I don't think he does Grenada. We toured Grenada with Mandoo (grenadatours.com) and throughly enjoyed his tour.

Archived