Star Returning to Drop Off Injured Passenger

patseacruiser

I am currently on the Star. This morning the captain made an announcement (which I caught the last two sentences because I was still asleep). When I got to the Meet and Greet I found out that a passenger was so ill we had to reverse course last night to drop them off in Ensenada. So this has been a very different cruise.

First of all, last week, 3 days before leaving, NCL announced that due to the problems in Mazatlan we would not be putting into port there, rather we would have two days in Cabo. As a result of the ill passenger (whom I hope is recovering speedily) we lost time and will have an additional day at sea tomorrow, one day in Cabo and one day in Puerto Vallarta with the planned two days at sea to return to LA.

Although we all would have liked to have the cruise we booked, as one CCer from the M&G said, "It's nice to know the captain and crew do what's necessary to ensure the safety of the passengers." Had it been me or one of my loved ones, that's what I would have wanted.

Last year we were on the Star returning from PV and one of the crew members got sick. The coast Guard helicopter came and pick him up and took him to San Diego. I would say that would be the most efficient way to get a passenger off the ship. We though the chopper was going to land on the Hillo pad but ended up just hovering above us. They lowered a medic who strapped the crew member to himself and the hoisted both of them back to the chopper. A total of 15 minutes and they were gone.

I am currently on the Star. This morning the captain made an announcement (which I caught the last two sentences because I was still asleep). When I got to the Meet and Greet I found out that a passenger was so ill we had to reverse course last night to drop them off in Ensenada. So this has been a very different cruise.

First of all, last week, 3 days before leaving, NCL announced that due to the problems in Mazatlan we would not be putting into port there, rather we would have two days in Cabo. As a result of the ill passenger (whom I hope is recovering speedily) we lost time and will have an additional day at sea tomorrow, one day in Cabo and one day in Puerto Vallarta with the planned two days at sea to return to LA.

Although we all would have liked to have the cruise we booked, as one CCer from the M&G said, "It's nice to know the captain and crew do what's necessary to ensure the safety of the passengers." Had it been me or one of my loved ones, that's what I would have wanted.

I stand corrected!

Last year we were on the Star returning from PV and one of the crew members got sick. The coast Guard helicopter came and pick him up and took him to San Diego. I would say that would be the most efficient way to get a passenger off the ship. We though the chopper was going to land on the Hillo pad but ended up just hovering above us. They lowered a medic who strapped the crew member to himself and the hoisted both of them back to the chopper. A total of 15 minutes and they were gone.

Without knowing the circumstances in this case, that may not have been possible for an injured passenger

Amen. Thanks for posting.

Al

Archived