Fantastic Fun on Fascination 2/19-2/24 including Discovery Launch....TONS of Pictures

tmt218

SweetandSassyCruise2011261.jpg

SweetandSassyCruise2011266.jpg

And it was gone before you know it. I do hope to go watch another launch. They have one in April and the very last one is in June. I do encourage all of you to go watch one. It was amazing. We headed back across the street and waited for the traffic to die down some before we headed out. To pass the time I started taking pictures of the sunset.

FascinationCruiseFeb2011359.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011360.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011361.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011362.jpg

We sat and waited about an hour and 20 mins for traffic to die down. It was about 7:30pm and we were going no where fast. It took us an 1 and 1/2 hours to go 5 miles. We started to get hungry so we pulled over to eat dinner a Wendy's. After that we went over to get gas and get back on the road. At about 10pm we finally got onto I-95 headed back north. Overall it took 2 hours to go 6 miles.

We were going to find a hotel more North. The hotels were over priced and sold out in Cocoa Beach and Titusville. A 2 star hotel was over 200.00. We ended up staying in Ormand Beach just North of Daytona. It's 57 miles from Titusville. We stayed at the Comoft Suites off of exit 273. It was in a shady neighborhood but was good for one night. I wouldn't want to stay ant longer. The hotel was extremely clean and well taken care of. The breakfast was served from 6:30am to 9:30am. and offered the usual hotel breakfast.

The Bathroom

FascinationCruiseFeb2011372.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011369.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011371.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011370.jpg

This was strange

FascinationCruiseFeb2011367.jpg

FascinationCruiseFeb2011366.jpg

We checked in very easily and made our way with the luggage. We watched the news about the shuttle launch. People were still sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and it was 11:00pm. We found out that there was a delay and a computer problem that was fixed at the last few seconds to go. It almost didn't happen.

We woke up and headed to breakfast. We found out that over 300,000 people came to watch the Discovery's last shuttle launch. The most since John Glenn went back into space in 1998. No wonder we had so much traffic. I think Florida DOT and the State and local police could have done a better job of controlling the traffic. At times we would sit through 10 light cycles and not move. At the same time they had no way of knowing that it would be that bad. I hope they took notes and can do a better job with the next 2. One thing I noticed was most people were headed back towards Orlando. If you go I would stay some where more North and away from the Orlando area.

So back on the road headed home. It took us about 7 hours to get home. We stopped once to get gas and once to eat. We had Subway and there saw a family with 3 little girls that just got off the Disney Dream. They were sad to be headed home too. Traffic through Atlanta wasn't as bad as the trip down. We stopped at our favorite Mexican Resturant. DM had a 32oz beer for 3.00. Wow wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of prices of cruises.

That's all folks. I hope you enjoyed the review. I have the Fun Times, the kids club ages 9-11 and the spa specials. I will try to scan and post them. If you have any questions please ask.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks again for the great review! We're debating on our next cruise being on the Fascination.

Thank You! Thanks for reading. It's a great cruise. I would book just to go to HMC. I like the 7 day special itinery with a stop in Grand Turk. It's hard to decide what and where to cruise next. Happy planning and no matter where you go have a fun time.:)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't thank you enough for your review and pictures. I cruised on the Fascination in June of last year, so I have a good idea what I'm in store for, BUT...

I'm getting married on the ship on June 11th, and I have been looking everywhere for good pictures of the Diamonds Are Forever Disco! We booked the DJ, and the DJ only plays in the disco, so I know that is where my reception will be! I am so super amped and excited now.

I am thinking that our ceremony will be in one of The Palace Theater or Putting on the Ritz as there is only one other wedding booked on the cruise right now, and it's a smaller wedding without a reception. We will have close to 40 guests for our wedding, and 16 other people sailing, so I am SUPER, SUPER amped!

Thanks again, and I can't thank you enough.

Also, my DD who is 6 will be cruising and rooming with my step mom and teenage sister, while my 2 young brothers will be rooming with my Dad. My brothers have been on cruises in the past and love Camp Carnival, but I was a little bit worried about my DD. I know she'll love it, though!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't thank you enough for your review and pictures. I cruised on the Fascination in June of last year, so I have a good idea what I'm in store for, BUT...

I'm getting married on the ship on June 11th, and I have been looking everywhere for good pictures of the Diamonds Are Forever Disco! We booked the DJ, and the DJ only plays in the disco, so I know that is where my reception will be! I am so super amped and excited now.

I am thinking that our ceremony will be in one of The Palace Theater or Putting on the Ritz as there is only one other wedding booked on the cruise right now, and it's a smaller wedding without a reception. We will have close to 40 guests for our wedding, and 16 other people sailing, so I am SUPER, SUPER amped!

Thanks again, and I can't thank you enough.

Also, my DD who is 6 will be cruising and rooming with my step mom and teenage sister, while my 2 young brothers will be rooming with my Dad. My brothers have been on cruises in the past and love Camp Carnival, but I was a little bit worried about my DD. I know she'll love it, though!

Youe Welcome! Congratulations on your up coming wedding. The Diamonds are Forever Disco will be a great place for a reception.

Half Moon Cay would be a beautiful place to get married. They have a church/chapel on the island. On our cruise they had a wedding party that got married on the beach. If your cruise goes there it would be a very beautiful place. Something to look into.

There will be plenty for the kids to do. Your DD will have a great time in the Carnival camp. Plus the waterworks is a nice place for the kids too. The adults can sit and watch without having to get in a bathing suit or get into the pool.

Have a great time on your cruise. Happy Wedding! I am sending you happy wedding bliss youe way!

LOVED the review. I got addicted and just couldn't stop reading!!! My boyfriend and I will be leaving on the Fascination April 11th and reading your review got me even more excited! Was wondering if you had copies of the Capers you can post. I would love to know what the current activities on the ship are. Thanks!!

Yes I do still have them. My scanner/printer is not working at the moment. I will try to work on it and post them for you. If there is anything specific you are looking for let me know.

Have a great cruise! The Fascination is a great ship.

Thanks so much for sharing the great information and photos. Kudos to you !! DH and I are well seasoned cruisers. We decided to give our two daughters and son-in-law their first cruise last Christmas to celebrate our being together as a family for 10 years. They are all in their mid-20's and the lively atmosphere on the Carnival ships seems appropriate for the ages. We all set sail on 23 May 2011 to Key West and Nassau. They are counting the days !!! Thanks again... Bethie

Well, tmt218, you did get me. I'm the one with the faded jeans, pink shirt and denim jacket. As you can tell, I'm holding the camera in front of my face - it's usual spot. :rolleyes:That is our red Honda Fit parked on the beach... :D

You are world famous for your Fasciantion shots, you did ours last year(but as you said it was getting dark) We are sailing her again in November. I hope you are there, I will wave!-You are a sweetie for doing this-marshhawk

tmt218-thank you so much for a wonderful review! I am also going to use one of your pictures as a screen saver as soon as I get to work(I was home sick today, and started reading your review and couldn't stop) but then the computer crashed and I had to wait all afternoon to tell you how much I appreciated this review. Your pictures are great!!!! We did the Fasciantion cruise to Key West and Nassau in early december, and will sail her again forthe HMC and Nassau in November. I am finally psyched for HMC! I am going to forward your review to my friend who will be cruising with my DH and me. (she has her own cabin) but I am hoping that these pictures will get her excited! Thank you so much. :)

Archived