Fantastic Fun on Fascination 2/19-2/24 including Discovery Launch....TONS of Pictures

tmt218

DD is 19yrs old, so she and her BFF will have run of ship.. although I've told them they must meet up with us each night for dinner in the MDR and when we are on shore, we all stick together !! :D

HMC pictures are good.. looks like water was still a bit choppy ??? Can't wait to see more !!

They will have a good time. At least the ship isn't that big. They can't get lost and get very far. I have that dinner rule with my DD as well. I'm lucky though because she love eating in the dining room. Sometimes she will want to eat at camp with her friends but they usually eat KID food she says. LOL

The water was rough on this cruise. Not sure what was going on. At times it was hard to walk and you lost your balance. None of us got sick or were bothered by it. We just looked clumsy and a little tipsy. I was real suprised that we made it to tender in HMC.

Thanks for the great review and pics.

"Watch your step as the lovely people on that deck left their room service trays full of uneaten food and dirty dishes. YUCK! That is a HUGE petpeeve of mine. I hate that and think that is disguesting. I will never understand why on earth people do that. Why not just leave it on your desk or chair in your cabin. It doesn't just happen on Carnival either. Ok rant over!! Thanks for listening."

My huge petpeeve is that the crew does not have orders to remove the trays anytime they see a tray in the hall. There is not a lot of room in the cabin to store a tray full of dishes.

we are headed out on the Fascination March 24... and I can't wait..

where are you located ??? we are about 45 miles north of Atlanta..

I love your review... :D

Oh take me with you. Ha Ha! I am ready to go back.:D I live in Dahlonega. Where do you live?

I hope time flies for you and you have a good time. Where are you going that week?

Glad that you like the review. Thanks for reading. I have a ton more to come.

Thanks for the great review and pics.

"Watch your step as the lovely people on that deck left their room service trays full of uneaten food and dirty dishes. YUCK! That is a HUGE petpeeve of mine. I hate that and think that is disguesting. I will never understand why on earth people do that. Why not just leave it on your desk or chair in your cabin. It doesn't just happen on Carnival either. Ok rant over!! Thanks for listening."

My huge petpeeve is that the crew does not have orders to remove the trays anytime they see a tray in the hall. There is not a lot of room in the cabin to store a tray full of dishes.

Yes I understand that there is not alot of room in the cabin to store dishes but common sense would be not to store them on the floor where people have to walk. If a person in a wheelchair was trying to get through they would not be able to do so. In case of an emergency this would be a problem too. It's gross to have people tripping on dirty dishes with melted ice cream and half eaten food. You could tell that they had been there for awhile. You would have thought that they would have had them picked up before we started to line up. Clearly the staff as a whole could careless. They could do alot better job of picking them up. It shouldn't be just the cabin stewards job. When room service delivers an order they could pick up the dirty dishes in the hall. I am guessing that because it was on the Riviera deck not many people go down there. On the higher decks I didn't notice it as bad.

Hey! Great review!! Looks like you had a fabulous time. I cruised earlier this year and I want to go back NOW. Was Kristi from Russia still a hostess in the dining room? She was tall with blond hair. Such a sweet girl.

Lindsey

Thank You! We did have a great time and like you I'm ready to go back NOW.:D

That may have been her. She was in the Imagination Dining Room. I didn't catch her name but there was a tall blonde Russian girl. She was very friendly and real quiet.

So we got settled in for the day. It was about 9-9:30 or so. It didn't take us long from waiting in line for the tender to our cabana. Maybe 45 mins. total.

DD couldn't get to the water fast enough. She was so excited. She stopped suddenly because the water was cold. Once you got in and got use to the tempature it warmed up. My DM and I grabbed some chairs close to the water and planted our bootys in it. We stayed there a good while. Alternating between the water and the chair. After about an hour and a half I had enough sun. I am blessed with fair skin and burn easily. Melanoma runs in my family too. So I head back to to the cabana. I grab my book, an orange soda and plop down in a comfy lounge chair. Let me tell ya it was so peaceful and relaxing...I fell asleep! That's what vacation is for right? Soon I was woken up by my DM was wanting a snack. We opened the chips, salsa, and the guacaumole. The salsa was to die for we coouldn't get enough. I don't like guacamole in any fashion but DM loves it. We use to have an avocado tree in our backyard when we lives in FL. She didn't like this guacamole though. To bland. So we opened the veggies and dip too. They were good. They gave you ranch dip. They also gave you sour cream but it wasn't good. DD came up and had some snacks and a drink. She wasn't there for very long. She had better things to do. I buried my nose in my book and DM went to float in the water.

DD playing in the water

SweetandSassyCruise2011155.jpg

SweetandSassyCruise2011151.jpg

These are some of my favorites

SweetandSassyCruise2011125.jpg

SweetandSassyCruise2011113.jpg

SweetandSassyCruise2011100.jpg

After relaxing and playing in the water some more it was about 1 and we were ready for lunch. They have a BBQ lunch with hamburgers, hot dogs and jerk chicken. Potato salad, cole slaw, fried rice, cut up fruit, and some other sides I am drawing a blank on. For dessert it was cookies, brownies, banana rum cake and lintzer bar type cookies. I had a cheeseburger, jerk chicken, fried rice and fruit. For dessert I had a brownie and banana rum cake. Both were good. As was the fruit. The other sides were ok. The hamburger was burnt and dryed out. The chicken was ok not much flavor and dry. I still ate it though. They also had lemonade and tea to drink. You can also get sodas from the bar and you can use your sode card there as well. We had plenty to drink at the cabana so we just grabbed our food and headed back there.

After lunch we did much of the same. Reading, napping, swimming, and floating in the water. What a great day. Most people were heading back to the ship. It was late afternoon already. I was dreading the long walk back and the wait in line for the tender boat. It was about 4ish. DD and DM were ready to head back. I could stay forever!! So we decided to head back against my will.;)

We got lucky. A tram was returning people from a jet ski excursion and stopped to pick us up. We chatted with them about their excursion. They said they had a blast. It was so much fun. They let you go off our your own and zoom around where you wanted. A thought for next time.

We got to the main plaza. I didn't get to look around much but did see they offered hair braiding and temporary tatoos. I wish that I went into some of the stores. The next day on the ship I saw people wearing HMC t-shirts. I WANT one. Bummer. I guess it pays to look at the shops. I didn't realize they sold them. Next time.

We got in line it was fairly long and had to wait about 20-30 minutes. We headed back to our cabin to rest, shower off the sand and salt and watch sailway. I headed out to the balcony to take more pictures.

Awesome review!! I love all of your pictures. Especially the ones of HMC! The water is so blue!! It's beautiful.. DH and I are going on the Fascination in July and I can't wait! It will be the first time ever either of us have been on a cruise.

I can't wait to read about the rest of your time!!

tmt218 - loving the review, those pictures of DD in the water are beautiful !!

(looks like some of my fellow cruisers for the upcoming Fascination MAY 14th are also following this review !! HEY YA'ALL :D 71 more days !! )

I will be stopping at HMC in May. Is there usually only one ship there at a time?

Usually there is only 1 ship at a time. Sometimes 2 but not more than that. I think the only time there are 2 ships there is on Holland America. Carnival only has one at a time. If you don't like crowds and if by chace there are 2 ships there on the day you are there head farther down the beach. Most people stop as soon as they get off. It is well worth the walk and plenty of chairs down there.

Have a great time.

I would love an Oasis cruise. Hope you plan and post one. :D

I hope I will be able to do Oasis. I just can't get over their prices. Even next year is expensive. If I do go you bet I will do a review.

Have a great time on Fascination.

Awesome review!! I love all of your pictures. Especially the ones of HMC! The water is so blue!! It's beautiful.. DH and I are going on the Fascination in July and I can't wait! It will be the first time ever either of us have been on a cruise.

I can't wait to read about the rest of your time!!

Thank You! I loved the beach and the water. I have never seen anything like it.

You will have a great time on the Fascination. She is a great ship. Be prepared to be hooked on cruising. It's a great choice for a first cruise. Nothing will be able to compare.

Thanks for reading.

Archived