All things Dream!

a3593

I've seen alot of different threads about the Dream, so I thought it would be great to have one thread for it! :D Lets see how packed we can get this one with tips, info, photos, etc. To kick it off, a few things I've found:

Try the Pasta Bar! It's easy to miss. You have to go to the back of the buffett and look for the staircase behind the dessert bar. Go up and you can order anything made your way.

"secret door" is on deck nine. Go all the way forward and through the double doors and you will be on the forward facing deck over the bridge.

Take advantage of the lanai deck. Since it goes all the way around the ship with no roadblocks you can easily get your walking done there.

*Thank you GlendaleCruiser for all the above info!* :D

Also, I've read that instead of the internet station being in one place, they are spread out through decks 3,4, & 5.

And, the "specialty" food chouces, like Indian Tandoor & the aforementioned pasta bar, are only open lunch hours, so take advantage.

Anyone else care to add? :)

Also, courtesy of Lady Jag:

Try the Mongolian Wok early in the week and if possible, before or after the "peak" times.

Watch out for the lounge chairs on the Lanai during sail away - my mom's and our friend's pants got spotted with black soot from the chairs.

There are 2 hot tubs on deck 11 that are rarely used.

You can order room service from your TV. If you try to order a lunch item by phone and are denied because "it's breakfast hours only," order through the TV and you'll get anything on the menu. (I suspet you might get it faster than a phone order, too, since they can't "warn" you that it will take 45-60 minutes.)

DON'T miss "Dancing in the Streets" in the main show lounge.

I didn't think the Welcome Aboard laser show was that spectacular, but hubby said the Pink Floyd laser show was awesome. It was also less crowded, so you can watch it from a lounger on deck.

If they have a "Mardi Gras" themed deck party, stay alert! Those beads can be hard to see at night amidst the flashing big screen and fog machines, and they hurt like ____ if they hit you in the face!

Pasta Bar, Mongolian Wok & Burrito Bar were my favorite lunch spots. I also loved the Deli - best Rueben sandwiches!! Soft serve chocolate & strawberry always hits the spot for dessert too.

Comedy shows are excellent, and hilarious. Be sure to arrive at least 45 minutes prior because the lounge is small for the amount of people on board so it fills up fast, plus a lot of people from the PG rated shows stick around in theirs seats waiting for the adults show.

Water park is great for children, AND adults. Definitely makes me feel like a kid again. The Drain Pipe was my favorite. Mini Golf is a great afternoon activity as well.

This ship is loaded with hot tubs, I always found the ones by Ocean Plaza to be empty however.

Speaking of Ocean Plaza, great place to sit and enjoy a drink! The bar at Ocean Plaza serves excellent martinis, and the sushi bar is right around the corner open at select hours.

BBQ on Lanai is fantastic - great quesidilas!

Cloud 9 Spa is great from what I have heard from fellow cruisers. I plan on trying it myself this time on my upcoming June cruise.

For buffets for breakfast & lunch, check out the ones in the back of Lido Deck, they are less crowded than midship, also more seating back there as well.

Want a lounge chair? Get out there early! Pools are relatively small, but nice for a quick dip to cool off!

Our October cruise on the Dream was outstanding! One of the best things I learned was the deck chairs on Deck 5 are usually empty. There are whirlpools where you can cool off, there is plenty of sun and drink service! I also never had to fight for a chair:) It took me a few days to discover and I wish someone had told me earlier!!

Aft Cabins below Lido Deck.....DON'T book them! The noise @ 1a, 5a, 6a....crazy and we could not sleep. It was so bad that Carnival Refunded 15% of cruise price and gave me 10% off my next cruise.

Wow...thanks. And that was very gracious of Carnival to do that!

I'd love to hear from someone who was all the way forward, low decks. I have a porthole, and I am kinda nervous since I have heard it can be noisy with the docking in the AM, and waves crashing against the portholes. (?)

Wow...thanks. And that was very gracious of Carnival to do that!

I'd love to hear from someone who was all the way forward, low decks. I have a porthole, and I am kinda nervous since I have heard it can be noisy with the docking in the AM, and waves crashing against the portholes. (?)

I was booked in 1207 which is a PT cabin on Deck 1. LOVED it! It is the best value - I tried to rebook it for my upcoming cruise on the Dream but all the PT cabins were sold out. So now we are booked in a Deluxe OV cabin on Deck 1. But again, for the PT cabins, we loved it. It was such a spacious room, and we never heard any noise. In fact, it was really quiet in our room.

We're going to be in a Cove Balcony- what are people's thoughts on those?

We're excited for our cruise! Please keep the info coming!

My brother & mom both had Cove Balconies on Deck 2 on our last sailing on the Dream. Both of them enjoyed their cabins very much. Though I loved my PT cabin, I was slightly jealous of their views! My mom enjoyed having her coffee every morning on her private small balcony. And it's amazing how close you are to the water line.

;)JennLuvs2Cruise, thank you! I feel much better now,s ince Im in 1209. :D

Snorkel2Much, thanks for adding to the thread.

I also found out that the deluxe ocean view staterooms have 1.5 baths. Some may have known, but I didnt. ;)

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.JPG

Aft Cabins below Lido Deck.....DON'T book them! The noise @ 1a, 5a, 6a....crazy and we could not sleep. It was so bad that Carnival Refunded 15% of cruise price and gave me 10% off my next cruise.

Same for us last year!!!

Thanks shelkate1! I looked at the deck plans & I couldnt figure out where deck chairs would be on deck 5? Are they set out along the lanai? Also, did you find the ship easy to manuver?

Wow, sorry it took me so long to respond. Seriously all around the promenade there are chairs. There are more deck chairs in other places than on the Lido. I did feel the boat was crowded and it is HUGE. It was a beautiful ship and I don't regret going at all. However, I am more a mid size ship kind of gal I think. We are going on the Lengend this Oct. It is a Spirit class ship and I am looking forward to dropping it back a notch:)

What kinds of Pasta are on the pasta bar??

It's made to order and you can get whatever you want with whatever type sauce and toppings you wish. It is SPECTACULAR!! Try to go towards the end of lunch, it's not nearly as busy. It's hard to get done in a timely manner right at lunch.

What are the Laser shows all about? A broadway-type performance using lasers? Are they worth seeing?

We heard several people watched the laser show, I believe it was the first night, and they all said it wasn't all that good. However, we saw "Dancing in the Streets" in the main lounge. Not a laser show, just a typical vegas style show. My husband who doesn't normally like that kind of thing really enjoyed it as well. Lots of good music and well done.

We had a cove balcony 2 weeks ago. It was wonderful. The room is very spacious and very quiet. The balcony is small but quiet and very peaceful. I loved sitting out there at night before I went to sleep just listening to the waves and sea. I would book a cove again. The comedy club is the best thing going. If you are at all interested in getting a table or seat get there early and plan on staying for a couple of shows. This is in the Bugundy lounge on deck 5. They also use the Burgundy for Carnival Legends tryouts. This was so funny. The Cruise Director may be the hardest working cruise director I have ever seen. His name is Bruce Begovich. The shows in the main theater area were excellent. Way above average and as someone said do not miss Dancing in the Streets. Internet stations are all over-look for signs that say FunHub. Connection was very good and pretty fast. Have fun

If they have a "Mardi Gras" themed deck party, stay alert! Those beads can be hard to see at night amidst the flashing big screen and fog machines, and they hurt like ____ if they hit you in the face!

On my Dream crusie (2/5-2/12/11) the Mardis Gras party was in the atrium immediately following the production show.

Keep your eye on the assistant cruise director baby butch/george.

Another passenger and I watched him as he threw the beads at people who weren't looking with a nasty smirk on his face.

All the other staff were gently tossing them underhand at people who were waving at them.

Baby Butch/George would bunch them up in a little ball, look for people looking in a different direction and throw them hard with a quick overhand motion.

Another passenger noticed this along with me and we were a little shocked at him as he sneered while looking like Malfoy from the Harry Potter films.

I mentioned this in my online survey I took a few days after the cruise and have not heard back, this was over 3 weeks ago.

Edited by PictureChris