All things Dream!

a3593

I am not sure how old that compilation is, however our last couple of cruises the Farewell Party had been discontinued. :(

We were directed towards it by a bar tender our first cruise when we went to get a drink that evening. After that we always ensured we looked for it.

Our last two cruises though have not had it. There is a welcome party for Gold and above that I understand has free drinks. We did not make it last cruise as part of our party were only on their second cruise but definitely hoping to check it out this time.

Good to know thanks for the update!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks to everyone who took time to post in this thread. ALL the information was extremely helpful. I hoping once I'm back fromth Dream I will find a thread like this for the Magic. If not, I'll take the Dream info and apply most of it to the Magic.

• 2 weeks later...
I was booked in 1207 which is a PT cabin on Deck 1. LOVED it! It is the best value - I tried to rebook it for my upcoming cruise on the Dream but all the PT cabins were sold out. So now we are booked in a Deluxe OV cabin on Deck 1. But again, for the PT cabins, we loved it. It was such a spacious room, and we never heard any noise. In fact, it was really quiet in our room.

What's a "PT" cabin?

Does anyone know if a sofa bed can be placed in the room instead of the upper Pullman in a 3 person cabin on deck 8?

I'm guessing that you have an inside cabin, because the 3-person balcony rooms will have a sofa bed for the 3rd person. The inside rooms do not have a sofa at all, because there is no room for a sofa. The rooms are way too small for one. So the upper bunk is the only option for the 3rd person. You could look at upgrading to an oceanview room, which would have a sofabed for the 3rd. If you are allowed to downgrade or you haven't booked yet, check into the 3-person porthole rooms on deck 1, with a sofabed for the 3rd. Much much larger room than the insides, plus 2 portholes, and it's as cheap as the cheapest regular interior. There are only 2 of those, so they get booked up fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, Oh, Oh.... the ship is broken up into 3 colored teams. Deck 1 & 2 were red, decks 3-6 were white, decks 7 and up were blue. Make sure you bring a shirt with your deck color, they will be asking you to wear it to the deck party which was A LOT of fun!! My 10 year old daughter partied till almost 1am and will never forget that night. Especially when Butch presented her with a medal for doing the best twist during the pre-deck party.

QUOTE]

Are they still doing this? Can anyone comment on this? It would be nice if you got an email pre-cruise with stuff like this in it!

Oh, Oh, Oh.... the ship is broken up into 3 colored teams. Deck 1 & 2 were red, decks 3-6 were white, decks 7 and up were blue. Make sure you bring a shirt with your deck color, they will be asking you to wear it to the deck party which was A LOT of fun!! My 10 year old daughter partied till almost 1am and will never forget that night. Especially when Butch presented her with a medal for doing the best twist during the pre-deck party.

QUOTE]

Are they still doing this? Can anyone comment on this? It would be nice if you got an email pre-cruise with stuff like this in it!

I think that this is pretty much totally gone now across the fleet. With the Blue Iguana tequila bar & the Red Frog rum bar, they use those colors as a theme for the 2 deck parties. One might be the Blue Iguana party, but you can still side with the Red Frog bar. They kind of work that angle at the parties, but not a whole lot. Nobody is assigned either color based on decks or anything, and they don't work that color angle at any other time. I miss having those competitions throughout the week. It would give you a connection with the participants in the silly games, if they were on the same team as you.

Another Dream question.

First, where should l look for deck chairs in the shade?

Glory, Triumph and Conquest had deck chairs on the deck with the lobby that were shaded and quiet.

Does Dream have those?

Dream has a lanai on deck 5, which is an outdoor public walkway that circles the entire ship. It's a bad thing for people with balconies above it, since they all look down on the lanai instead of the ocean. But it's great for the rest of us, as it does give a nice quiet outdoor area to relax on. Plenty of deck chairs set up out there, and there are some hot tubs. It depends on the direction of the ship & the time of day, as to where will be shaded and where will have sun. You may need to move a couple times to stay in the shade. The only places it can get noisy out there is around the hot tubs, just outside the oceans plaza, and when & where the lanai BBQ is going on (lunchtime on sea days).

The serenity deck up above have some loungers that have a covering over them. But you might have to show up early to get one.

• 1 month later...

So I parused all 62 pages and found the following (I'm not sure how much of this is even current. I had hoped to cross stuff off that was proven to be presently incorrect) This long forum should be retired maybe...

If someone has a link to a more current one!!!

HERE IT IS>>>>>>>

Lanai BBQ is on sea days on this deck and the sushi bar has awesome turkey wraps and a salad bar at lunch on sea days also.

"secret door" is on deck nine. Go all the way forward and through the double doors and you will be on the forward facing deck over the bridge.

There are 2 hot tubs on deck 11 that are rarely used.

You can order room service from your TV. If you try to order a lunch item by phone and are denied because "it's breakfast hours only," order through the TV and you'll get anything on the menu. (I suspet you might get it faster than a phone order, too, since they can't "warn" you that it will take 45-60 minutes.)

On our sailing, Aft pools were open until midnight.

The deli is open from 11 am until 11pm

There is also 24 hour ice cream and frozen yoghurt.

Dancing in the streets show was excellent.

See if Crimson or Scarlett Dining room is open for lunch on boarding day. (It was on our sailing but was not noted on the Fun Times.)

Even the first lunch after boarding was extraordinary. We skipped the buffet and went to the Scarlet Dining Room. I had salmon that was excellent.

If not, eat at the pasta bar or Lanai BBQThe pasta bar is upstairs from the buffet - aft. You go up a set of stairs and get a number and a sheet. You then check off your ingredients and hand your sheet to the cook.

You wait upstairs at a table with a number and they bring you your food when it is done. You can then take it anywhere

*Pasta Bar... The meat lasagna is amazing.

The chocolate extravaganza was yummy - last day at either 12:15-2 pm

If you need aspirin, seasick pills, or a variety of general medications, check the "0" deck where the waiting room is for the doctor. There were free samples for the taking in individual packets... also a weigh scale in case you need to weigh a suitcase (or yourself!).

TIP: At 5 pm on the last day, there is a Fun Farewell Party in the Burgandy Lounge. It is not advertised at all - just mentioned in the schedule. There are free drinks served during this time for about 1 hour (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/pastaBar.htm

elegant nights are the second and sixth night

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1364683 - Chef's table

all cabins on board the Dream have a mini bar fridge. The fridges aren't entirely cold enough to keep dairy products & such safe from spoiling.

the hidden coin is on the wall at the start of the steps for the waterslide

Cooking demo in the steakhouse that is on the first sea day- show up about 15 - 20 minutes early and you should be fine. I love doing this. We get great recipies and get to sample lots of great items. - FREE

Tandoor - This was the best food of the entire trip. I think I ate lunch there every day.

Try the Carnival Dog at the BBQ cookout on the Lanai. Yummy.

"secret door" is on deck nine. Go all the way forward and through the double doors and you will be on the forward facing deck over the bridge.

I don't think Deck 9 is the only deck to have that. I think decks 6, 7, 9, and 10 (maybe 11?0 have the secret door. Deck 8 doesn't have it due to the bridge.

There are 2 hot tubs on deck 11 that are rarely used.

For some strange reason, the Magic and Breeze don't have them. I still wonder if it's due to some technical reason, or if it's just to save money.