Carnival pulling a fast one?

jarbg

Booked a cruise a few weeks ago on the Carnival website. It stated that I would be billed $500 for the deposit and had the final payment date listed. To my surprise I got my credit card bill and was charged for the full cruise amount. A friend of mine booked the same cruise the same day and had this done to him as well.

I called Carnival and they said that it should not have happened and will refund the money over the deposit but it will take 7-10 days to get the money back.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Booked a cruise a few weeks ago on the Carnival website. It stated that I would be billed $500 for the deposit and had the final payment date listed. To my surprise I got my credit card bill and was charged for the full cruise amount. A friend of mine booked the same cruise the same day and had this done to him as well.

I called Carnival and they said that it should not have happened and will refund the money over the deposit but it will take 7-10 days to get the money back.

Not on Carnival but I've had this happen with Disney Cruise Line. They may have fixed the issue, but if you entered that you wanted to pay the deposit but then got an error such as needing to agree to the terms and conditions, making that change would change the payment from deposit to full amount. It was irritating but we were credited quickly.

Booked Feb 2, cruise October 30. Far from final payment date.

Hmmm. That is a problem; you should only have been charged the deposit amount as it is far from final payment. I would call Carnival to have the additional amount refunded..

This is just me, but we have established a relationship with a Carnival PVP and he is very good. I would never book thru Carnival's website as their site changes so often.

Hmmm. That is a problem; you should only have been charged the deposit amount as it is far from final payment. I would call Carnival to have the additional amount refunded..

This is just me, but we have established a relationship with a Carnival PVP and he is very good. I would never book thru Carnival's website as their site changes so often.

The Op stated in their orig post:

"I called Carnival and they said that it should not have happened and will refund the money over the deposit but it will take 7-10 days to get the money back."

A fast one is my question. My sample size is small, only two reservations and that is why I am asking. If we are the only two than yes it is most likely an error. If a number of people here were to report the same thing, then yes it is a problem, intentional or otherwise.

Errors happen....and just becaue they do doesn't mean that anyone is pulling a "fast one".

No system or person is perfect and nothing works perfect every time. You found it, you called them about the error, they are fixing it...period.

I just booked a cruise today through the internet. The default box is set on "pay in full," you have to manually change it to the box below that lets you make a deposit. I don't think this is Carnival's fault as it's up to the person making the booking to make the decision of how much to pay.

I just booked a cruise today through the internet. The default box is set on "pay in full," you have to manually change it to the box below that lets you make a deposit. I don't think this is Carnival's fault as it's up to the person making the booking to make the decision of how much to pay.

You said it better than I did! I had a phone call & should have updated before I replied.

I "almost" booked today...:( maybe tomorrow!:D

Archived