Working out extra OBC, is this right?

SpeedGeek

My girlfriend and I are on our way to a cruise right now and are looking at booking a 3 night cruise while on board... trying to get the most OBC out of it I've come up with this plan, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Under normal circumstances, if we booked our cabin on board, and had first timers book a second cabin later...

On board booking bonus: 25$ (only our booking)

TA OBC: 100$ (50$ per booking)

Bring a friend promo: 25$ (only their stateroom)

Total: 150$ OBC

But, if I sign up for the next cruise on board, and so does my girlfriend under a different reservation... then add the first timers to our respective reservations...

On board booking bonus: 50$ (one per booking)

TA OBC: 100$ (50$ per booking)

Bring a friend promo: 50$ (one per stateroom)

Total: 200$ OBC

If we can get rooms swapped on board so my girlfriend is in my cabin, it's not that much work for an extra 50$. Does this sound like it will work? Since I've never had OBC, how does that end up getting applied, and would room changes on board affect things?

Thanks in advance everyone :D

SpeedGeek: You can obtain the same benefit as your option #2 by just purchasing 1 NC (now 'Why Not Decide Later' if I recall correctly). Simply obtain your NC and make certain that the supposed to be included 2 'friends & family' certificates are included. Once you have booked, your friends will have 30 days to book the same cruise AND receive the exact benefits you have.

You can then return home, book the desired cruises and NOT need to play around w/ cabin switches OR waste your valuable cruise time. ;) Enjoy your cruise!!!

BTW: your bring a friend is limited to friends being in their own cabin (as others have said), so only 1 cabin (your cabin as listed in option #1) can receive the $25.

Bruce

I'm pretty sure that since your friends are not booked on their own reservation, you won't get the bring-a-friend... to get the credit, you have to input their reservation number and your C&A number.

I thought the first time had to have their own cabin on your sailing to qualify?

I thought so too until I read the full terms and conditions:

Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom. Final payment must be received for both Member and Friend prior to onboard credit being applied.

They approved my girlfriend for today's cruise so that'll at least cover two drinks :D

I thought the first time had to have their own cabin on your sailing to qualify?

BTW: your bring a friend is limited to friends being in their own cabin

Bruce

Where does it say that??:confused: I know someone who did the bring a friend and they are in the same cabin..

Q: What is the Bring A Friend promotion for Crown & Anchor Society? s.gif A: We love it when our Crown & Anchor Society members rave about their cruise vacations to friends and family. They always let us know how many guests they have recommended to Royal Caribbean. To reward our Crown & Anchor members, from January 21, 2011 through April 30, 2011, we will show our appreciation when you bring your friend or family member along on the same sailing as you, to experience their first Royal Caribbean International cruise vacation. You will receive an onboard credit of $25 to spend onboard for each friend or family member you refer, up to 5 guests (one credit per stateroom) for sailings 6-nights longer and up to 2 guests (one credit per stateroom) for sailings 5-nights or less.

There are some rules that apply, such as:

• You must register at www.RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend
  • We must be able to verify you as a Crown & Anchor Society member so place your full name and Crown & anchor Society number in your reservation.
  • Your guest must be sailing on a Royal Caribbean ship for the first time and we can verify full name and date of birth in their reservation. We also need an email address or telephone number available for the guest.
  • Both you and your guest must of 18 years of age or older.
  • Unfortunately we can't accept any reservations made with employee or travel agent rates and sailings within a group booking will not be accepted.

Where does it say that??:confused: I know someone who did the bring a friend and they are in the same cabin..

While I will admit my 'edit' verbiage could have been clearer, was specifically speaking to the 1 NC option I had detailed for the OP......w/ he & the girlfriend in the same cabin, they would only 'qualify' for 1 credit (one credit per stateroom).

The reverse is, w/ his girlfriend listed in the other cabin (using one of the friends & family certificates), believe that they 'could qualify' for the second available credit for 5 night or less sailings (not sure the extra $25 is worth the trouble, but that is up to the OP).

Bruce

Archived