Sydney, Canada

We will be in Sydney, Canada at the beginning of June on an HAL cruise. We can't go to the Cabot Trail because the ship won't be in long enough. What else should we do? We have heard the AGBell Museum is worth seeing. Is there anything to do in the town? Is it nice enough to walk around in?

I would be inclined to look into a Fortress of Louisbourg tour, the Fortress is amazing. http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ns/louisbourg/index.aspx

This is what we are planning on doing. My son in particular loves history so it seems like something the family will really enjoy. I know if you are recommending it I can feel confident in our choice!

We did this as a ship's tour on our RCCL cruise. It was a great way to spend the short amount of time we had in Sydney, especially since we were there on a beautiful day. We enjoyed walking around the outer limits of the fort & just enjoying the gorgeous scenery.

• 1 month later...
I would be inclined to look into a Fortress of Louisbourg tour, the Fortress is amazing. http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ns/louisbourg/index.aspx

We also will be in Sydney, but it will be in May. I have read that Fortress Louisbourg is not really functioning at that time (no people in period costume, e.g.) and so I am wondering if it is worth us visiting? If not, what other attractions, sights, tours can we do to get a nice feel for the area? Our ship arrives at 1:00 and departs at 7:00.

Archived