Price Drops

Mjasp

I've only been on one Carnival cruise so I really don't follow their pricing.

But here is my question, After you get in the final payment area, do know if prices drop?

Also, when is final payment due on Carnival is it at the 70 day mark 90 day mark etc?

Oh and can I ask one more question pleeeeease, With the Early Saver price, how long do they honor the lowest price, is it right up until sailing time? and do they honor the 55 and over rate?

Thank you so much

This may help...I got this from Carnival site in the FQ link.

Early Saver is a brand new promotional rate that rewards you for booking early with the absolute lowest rate. In addition, the fares are backed by a unique price protection assurance. Book your cruise now. If you later find a lower Carnival advertised fare for the same sailing and accommodations, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable, non-transferable onboard credit. The policy is effective up to two business days prior to sailing. You now have even more great reasons to book early! Not only will you have the best availability of staterooms, dates, and destinations…you’re assured the lowest rate.

• How early must I make my reservation?

Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing on short cruises (5 days or shorter) and up to 5 months prior to sailing on long cruises (6 days or greater).

• How do I make an Early Saver reservation?

Contact your Travel Agent, your Personal Vacation Planner, call 1-800- Carnival or visit http://www.Carnival.com.

• Does Early Saver follow Carnival’s standard deposit, payment and cancellation terms?

The deposit and payment terms are the same. However, Early Saver reservations require a full non-refundable deposit per person.

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

• What is a Carnival advertised fare?

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public•

What should I do once I find a lower rate?

Complete a price protection claim form. If the request meets the price protection requirements, we will process your onboard credit for the fare difference and send you an email confirmation within 2 business days of your request.

• What information must be submitted for a price protection request?

Guest(s) name

Sailing information

Available cruise fare being requested

Where the lower advertised fare was found (i.e.: Carnival.com)

• When can I submit a price protection request?

Carnival will accept price protection requests up to 2 business days prior to sailing.

• How many times can I submit a price protection request?

Provided that you are eligible for the lower fare, there are no restrictions to the number of price protection requests or the requested amount.

Note: No Downgrades are allowed.

I've only been on one Carnival cruise so I really don't follow their pricing.

But here is my question, After you get in the final payment area, do know if prices drop?

Also, when is final payment due on Carnival is it at the 70 day mark 90 day mark etc?

Oh and can I ask one more question pleeeeease, With the Early Saver price, how long do they honor the lowest price, is it right up until sailing time? and do they honor the 55 and over rate?

Thank you so much

Unless you book with Early Saver (ES), you will not get any price drops after final payment.

Final payment is due 60 days prior to sailing for 4 & 5 day cruises, & 75 days prior to sailing for 7 & 8 day cruises. That's all I've done; not sure if it's different for other durations.

With ES, you can match prices up to 2 days prior to sailing. They will honor the senior rate, as long as you are over 55. Also, that senior rate has to be a rate where they let you pick your own room. Many senior rates these days have switched over to one of the "Carnival picks your room for you" rates. You can't match to that, because it is not your specific category. Also, if your category sells out (must be the same number of people as you have in your room), you cannot price match anymore. You can, however, upgrade to a category that is not sold out, and receive price drops for that new category. The upgrade may cost you extra, or it may even be cheaper, in which case you get the lower rate (either as on-board credit or a rate reduction).

Archived