Just back from JaxPax 4/11/04 Zenith cruise!

tuggers

I in also.....I think $100 credit on another cruise would be great!!!!!

Cute_dolphin.gif

God Bless the USA and those who are fighting for freedom!

Soverign of the Seas 10/00

Monarch of the Seas 10/01

Celebrity/Century 10/02

Celebrity/Century 11/03

Celebrity/Zenith 4/04

Ok,

This sounds like the old JAX PAX. Let me know where you're going with the new thread. You know you can count us in.

Larry & Art

Costa 1972; Nordic Prince 1983; Fairwind 1984; Sovereign of the Seas 1992; Statendam 1997; Ryndam 1998; Crown Princess 2000; Summit 2001; Millennium 2002; Galaxy 2003; Zenith 2004

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say I enjoyed meeting you all on the cruise. Thanks to "tuggers" I have discovered how much more fun a cruise can be when you meet the very nice people from cruisecritic. I hope to run into you soon on another X ship. I am booked on the Zenith November 7th sailing. I have sailed two a year for the past 13 years and most of them on Celebrity. I always have a great time but I really enjoyed this sailing!!!!!!!!!!! Most of it due to the good company.

Well we took to the plunge. Booked a 7 day in November on the Navigtor with about 14 of our friends. Wish it was on a Celebrity ship, but they wanted to do RCL this time. We are thinking of taking the Zenith or the Summitt next spring. How does the Summitt compare with the Zenith. We have only been on the Zenith and Century.

Barb and Mike

Cute_dolphin.gif

Celebrity/Century 10/02

Celebrity/Century 11/03

Celebrity/Zenith 4/04

Barb and Mike, while I hate you won't be on X, I'mglad you'll be cruising somewhere! And with 14 freinds you'll have a great time no matter! I'm doing Zenith 11/07, Horizon (which I love best of all) 1/10 and then Zenith like March or April, I forget when and I've got Infinity in Oct. Come go with me!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Let me know the dates of the Zenith in April. We are looking at April or next year to cruise and will go on the Zenith or Summitt - although I love cruising out of Jax.

Cute_dolphin.gif

Celebrity/Century 10/02

Celebrity/Century 11/03

Celebrity/Zenith 4/04

Barb & Mike,

You would be amazed at the difference in the difference between the Zenith and the Summit. If you tend to like the larger ships, you'd love the Summit. Public areas are much larger, more impressive, and well organized. You do get more noise in the dinning room I believe just because it is bigger. It is a two story dining room. Zenith is a much more classic liner. The service is execellent on the Summit but a little rushed. (No mistakes though) It was also good on the Zenith, but I believe the Zenith staff were a little more personable. I believe the food in the Windsurf was better on the Summit. This confuses me because I know they use the same recipes. The traffic flow in the cafe is definately better on the Summit. If you need any more detailed answers just ask. Celebrity is always great.

Larry & Art

Costa 1972; Nordic Prince 1983; Fairwind 1984; Sovereign of the Seas 1992; Statendam 1997; Ryndam 1998; Crown Princess 2000; Summit 2001; Millennium 2002; Galaxy 2003; Zenith 2004

We were on the cruise right before yours and had a great time, too! Madelyn in the Martini Bar is sooo sweet! You know her husband Hector is a waiter in the dining room?

It's interesting that you commented on the noise level in the dining room. We thought the acoustics on Zenith were much worse than the M class ships.

Our table was in the center just 2 over from the Captain's table and the whole area there seemed to be more crowded and noisier. We noticed that the tables on both the port and starboard side were spaced farther apart.

While any dining room is going to generate the hubbub of people talking, especially after the first glass of wine icon_wink.gif, we felt that the 2 story dining rooms on the larger ships did a better job of dispersing the noise rather than bouncing it right back down into the room. I guess it just depends on where in the room you are seated. It did not reduce our enjoyment of the Zenith-- icon_cool.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Larry and Art,

We will keep in touch because we will be making a decision in the fall about cruising in April next year. I like the 14 day itinerary on the Zenith and the 11 day on the Summitt. I really like leaving from Jax, since we live here. Please keep in touch. It was great meeting everyone. I will miss X when we cruise on RCL in Nov. , but that was the ship our friends had already chosen, because we needed a 7 day and had taken the Century 2 times already....

Barb

Cute_dolphin.gif

Celebrity/Century 10/02

Celebrity/Century 11/03

Celebrity/Zenith 4/04

Archived