Carnival Stock Question

Mysschevous

I am considering purchasing Carnival Stock. I seem to be cruising more and more and the OBC seems like a no brainer. I have a cruise coming up in April. If I were to purchase the stock this week would I be able to get the OBC for the April cruise?

Thanks!

Be careful in buying the stock for just the $50 or $100 OBC. I am sure some bought recently and are regretting it. Today alone you would have lost $200 on 100 shares. But to answer your question, we bought 2 weeks before our cruise last November and were able to apply to our B2B cruises.

We have had CCL stock for a number of years. We sail primarily on HAL but have a Carnival cruise booked this year. The stock has gone up and down, but now it's up about 10% from our purchase price. Our tax free "dividend" of OBC serveral times over has been a great return. We also have 100 shares of RCL for the same purpose.

Are either investments something we'd make if the shareowner credit wasn't availalbe? not likely...

But with the market so flat lately and interest rates at practically nil, letting the money sit in the account for the repeated OBC hasn't been a difficult decision.

• 1 month later...
Carnival Stock is Plummeting...watch it, because it will probably go down even more because I purchased additional shares a few weeks ago and the price keeps dropping.

I sold mine at $29; made money but have regretted selling it. Lost OBC on last 3 cruises because I didn't own stock.

Woulds you buy back oin now or wait? Not a trader so appreciate your advice.

Archived