Anyone else amazed at the way Carnival......

westcruzer

This cracked me up. :D

Silly question: Does it normal if you order two main courses at the same time or people usually order the 2nd one after finishing the first one? Just want to be prepared. ;)

If I know I'm going to be wanting 2...like on lobster night....I usually ask for them up front. One cruise the waiter was pushing me (in a good way) to get another after I finished my second lobster along with EVERYTHING else I ate. I decided against it.

... they talked amongst themselves in Chinese, while we just sat there

No comment on the toothpicking thing. :) However, I can relate my little experience (not on a cruise but in life generally) about speaking Chinese in front of non-Chinese speaking persons.

My cousin married a Chinese American. When there are only me and his wife, she speaks to me in English. However, if her sister/ mom/ dad walks up and asks her something, they start speaking in Chinese to each other (even though they are all fluent in English) leaving me standing there awkwardly (thinking they are talking about me :D.) When my cousin have children, his wife speaks Chinese to their kids even though my cousin or me right there. On the right side, their kids are bilingual - fluently.

At first I was irretated and felt left out when all of sudden they start to speak Chinese. After seeing this across Chinese American families, I got used to it. I guess that how they are able to pass native language to younger generations.

Archived