Question on price drop OBC

We are sailing on the Serenade in 7 weeks. We booked this cruise back in May of 2010 so we were grandfathered in for price drops. Yesterday, I got a WI residency discount of $100 pp so that $200 is now an OBC. I also had already put some $ in my account since I usually pay cash. My question is, does anyone know 100% for sure whether or not the $200 from the price drop is refundable if I don't use all the money that is now on my account? I don't want to lose it so if it's not refundable, I'll eat the 3% surcharge and pull it out on the last night.

Thanks in advance for the information!!

We are sailing on the Serenade in 7 weeks. We booked this cruise back in May of 2010 so we were grandfathered in for price drops. Yesterday, I got a WI residency discount of $100 pp so that $200 is now an OBC. I also had already put some $ in my account since I usually pay cash. My question is, does anyone know 100% for sure whether or not the $200 from the price drop is refundable if I don't use all the money that is now on my account? I don't want to lose it so if it's not refundable, I'll eat the 3% surcharge and pull it out on the last night.

Thanks in advance for the information!!

Yes, any OBC generated from a price reduction is your money and is therefore completely refundable. You can go to Guest Relations on the last night and withdraw it.

On your Confirmation Invoice from RCI will be a code for your price reduction after final payment in the "Under Booking Charges" column. The code for this is.....OBPP-OBC-PRC PRT.

Archived