Allure of the Seas - Jamaica Wedding stop.

Hi all,

I am getting married this fall and have chosen Allure of the Seas Royal Caribbean cruise.

After reading too many negative reviews, I opted out of using Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience and instead have gone with a wedding planner in Jamaica, TropicalWeddingsJamaica.com. Reviews on this company have been great and Almarie, the coordinator I'm working with, has been very pleasant and easy so far.

Anyone else gotten married in Jamaica on a cruise stop? I would just like to know processes and time frame of the ceremony, cake-cutting, champagne etc. Tips? Suggestions?

And, when we go back to the ship should I have it so we eat right away then go to a bar or something? Suggestions would be helpful. I would've like to hire a private area on board to have the party but understand that isn't possible right? So a restaurant is my only option. I just want to make the party time close to a traditional wedding celebration as possible. After the restaurant, where should we go? Suggestions are most grateful ladies and gents. Most of the people in my party are first time cruisers. I have a party of 30.

Also, I heard something about in Jamaican traffic being a potential problem. Anyone have info on that? I wouldn't want to miss the ship coming back after the ceremony!

Thank you very much in advance.

What Jamaican port are you talking about? Ocho Rios or Montego Bay? Traffic can indeed be bad, as the roads are not very good (narrow) and can be crowded. Doesn't Jamaica have a 48-hour residency requirement for a legal marriage? I know they used to. Booking outside the cruise line is always risky. Good luck!

Doesn't Jamaica have a 48-hour residency requirement for a legal marriage? I know they used to. Booking outside the cruise line is always risky. Good luck!

Now it's 24 hours after you arrive in Jamaica, if you've applied for a license in advance. Not sure how one would be able to do this for most cruise ship stops.

Is there some way around this rule for cruise ship passengers?

Now it's 24 hours after you arrive in Jamaica, if you've applied for a license in advance. Not sure how one would be able to do this for most cruise ship stops.

Is there some way around this rule for cruise ship passengers?

Thanks for your reply, 6rugrats! I'm not sure, either! How do the Jamaican Wedding Planners get around the residency requirements? Anyone??

What Jamaican port are you talking about? Ocho Rios or Montego Bay? Traffic can indeed be bad, as the roads are not very good (narrow) and can be crowded. Doesn't Jamaica have a 48-hour residency requirement for a legal marriage? I know they used to. Booking outside the cruise line is always risky. Good luck!

Thanks for you post. The Jamaican port is Falmouth. Know anything about this port or the area?

Thanks

Thanks for you post. The Jamaican port is Falmouth. Know anything about this port or the area?

Thanks

Sorry....don't know anything about Falmouth. What line and ship? British connections may be better than American ones! Jamaica was British for a looooooong time!

Sorry....don't know anything about Falmouth. What line and ship? British connections may be better than American ones! Jamaica was British for a looooooong time!

I'll be on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas.

I'll be flying from london to Fort Lauderdale and getting on the ship there. Stops are Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; Cozumel, Mexico. I'm really excited. I've been on a cruise once and that was last year for two weeks on celebrity Equinox around the Mediterranean and I feel cruise-hooked already. I hope my guests that haven't cruised before (most of them) enjoy the holiday experience. Its different being on a boat - a good difference!

Hi all,

I am getting married this fall and have chosen Allure of the Seas Royal Caribbean cruise.

After reading too many negative reviews, I opted out of using Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience and instead have gone with a wedding planner in Jamaica, TropicalWeddingsJamaica.com. Reviews on this company have been great and Almarie, the coordinator I'm working with, has been very pleasant and easy so far.

Anyone else gotten married in Jamaica on a cruise stop? I would just like to know processes and time frame of the ceremony, cake-cutting, champagne etc. Tips? Suggestions?

And, when we go back to the ship should I have it so we eat right away then go to a bar or something? Suggestions would be helpful. I would've like to hire a private area on board to have the party but understand that isn't possible right? So a restaurant is my only option. I just want to make the party time close to a traditional wedding celebration as possible. After the restaurant, where should we go? Suggestions are most grateful ladies and gents. Most of the people in my party are first time cruisers. I have a party of 30.

Also, I heard something about in Jamaican traffic being a potential problem. Anyone have info on that? I wouldn't want to miss the ship coming back after the ceremony!

Thank you very much in advance.

Hey, congratulations!!

Yes you can book a private reception in one of the lounges onboard. I don't know who you would contact at the Royal Caribbean Office but I have seen reception rooms booked for weddings not done on the ship before for an hour or two with open bar, etc. I would contact the Groups department through email or phone them to find out.

Archived