Recommended beaches? Cruise docks at 1pm

Neotericisis

Hey everyone!!

My cruise comes into port at 1pm- bummer- I REALLY wish it arrived at 9 am. I want to go to the beach in Cozumel, but most of them seem to close at 5- which only gives us a little while when you factor in getting off the boat and taking a cab there. Actually most activities in general in Cozumel seem to close at 5pm. My husband REALLY wants to jet ski and I want a massage (I can live without it if necessary though LOL). I was thinking of Mr. Sanchos, but I heard they kick you out really early if it is not very busy. I am estimating that I won't be getting to the beach earlier than 2 because of all the people getting off the boat etc. so if I only have 3 hours, plus they kick us out early that would suck. Does anyone know of any beaches that stay open after 5 pm? A public one is fine, we could go to Mr. Sanchos, eat, jet ski etc. and then leave and go to another beach. Our ship doesn't leave Cozumel until 10pm - so we figured we could get dinner after the beach and do a little shopping. Also, do the shops/craft market vendors open late? I want to be back on the boat by 9 at the latest, so I probably won't be doing any shopping after 8:30.

Thanks in advance!

I went to Paradise Beach in November 2010. We were suppose to dock at 1pm but docked at 12:30pm. I also think Cozumel is 1 hour behind us. They had the massage and jet skis there. It's not all inclusive. Cost $2 to rent a beach chair and $12 if you want to do the beach toys. I thought the beach itself was beautiful. Nice sand, beautiful water and not that crowded at all. My family of 5 went, we ate, had a few drinks and it didn't cost us much at all. Cheaper then the 5 of us at the all inclusives. Sorry but I didn't do the jetskis or massages but they were there.

Remember when you arrive at 1pm it is 12pm Cozumel time so when you have to leave a day resort (like Nachi Cocom) at 5pm, it's really 6.

There are a few beaches (hotel beaches) that are offered through shoreexcursions dot com that stay open until 6pm Cozumel time. We looked into some last January when our ship arrived at 1, but we decided to take the Bar Hop Bus over to the beach bars on the east side - had a great time there!

Thanks for your reply! I really hope that we have time to have all the fun we want to have LOL :)

The southern beach zone (Paradise Beach, Mr Sancho's etc) is a very short taxi ride fron the Carnival pier maybe 10 minutes, you will have plenty of time for fun and sun.

Remember when you arrive at 1pm it is 12pm Cozumel time so when you have to leave a day resort (like Nachi Cocom) at 5pm, it's really 6.

There are a few beaches (hotel beaches) that are offered through shoreexcursions dot com that stay open until 6pm Cozumel time. We looked into some last January when our ship arrived at 1, but we decided to take the Bar Hop Bus over to the beach bars on the east side - had a great time there!

The east side is incredible, we had our children with us so we where unable to do the bar hop, but that sounds like fun!! Does it get realy crazy? Instead we hired a taxi for 4 hrs and he gave us a personal island tour. He spoke very good english and stopped where ever he thought we might be interested.

The southern beach zone (Paradise Beach, Mr Sancho's etc) is a very short taxi ride fron the Carnival pier maybe 10 minutes, you will have plenty of time for fun and sun.

The east side is incredible, we had our children with us so we where unable to do the bar hop, but that sounds like fun!! Does it get realy crazy? Instead we hired a taxi for 4 hrs and he gave us a personal island tour. He spoke very good english and stopped where ever he thought we might be interested.

Our bar hop wasn't that crazy - I'm sure it depends on the group, though! I was starting to feel the drinks by around the third stop, but then we ate and I was sober by the time it was over! If you want to get drunk, though, it would definitely be possible!

We're looking at hiring a driver when we go back in January & head over that way again - we wanted to stay longer at Coconuts. Did you just hire the driver when you got off the ship? Would you mind telling how much you paid? We heard you could get a driver for about $80. per day - we paid $100 for both of us on the bus, and a few of the shots that we got for free were pretty nasty - as in YUK!

Archived