Nutrisystem Nourish

toesockrock

I'm fairly new to CruiseCritic as a whole, and completely new to this particular board. I'm going on my second cruise this August, and my mom, younger brother and I are all dedicated to losing some weight beforehand. My brother wants to lose 20, my goal is 40, and my mom's looking for 50. Losing ANY weight is a good thing, though. :)

My mom just ordered 4 weeks of Nutrisystem Nourish (with a 5th week free) for the three of us to try. We start tomorrow. Has anyone had experience with this program? We just sorted through all the food today, splitting it between the three of us. Supposedly the meals aren't exclusive -- you're supposed to have fruit and vegetables with it, and guys should have an extra carb with breakfast and lunch... Good to hear, since we're all close to 6' tall, and I don't know how I'd do with such small portions. :)

I'm really curious to hear what any of you think of the program, and I'll post what I think of the food when I start, tomorrow. :)

-Maggi

Hello toesockrock,

I began the Nutrisystem Plan on Sept 7, 2004 and have lost 30 lbs so far. The plan really works great if you stick to it. BE PREPARED !!! Some of the food, to me, is inedible. After your first order, you WEED OUT what you do not want to reorder. Overall, the majority of the food is great. The reason I joined is because my husband and I cruise 3 to 4 times a year and I want to enjoy the wonderful food on the ship. So I eat what I want to then go back on Nutrisystem when I get home. I always tell my husband "Don't even mention the word DIET when I'm cruising. Good luck to you and if I can be of assistance please feel free to ask any questions.

I am just SOOOO lazy -- I've had success with Weight Watchers, but I can't stand tallying the points. I tried it again a few weeks ago, and just kept going over my daily allowance. :(

So far, I was pleasantly surprised with the food on Nutrisystem. There's some questionable stuff (the "black chocolate fudge cake" tastes more like a sponge than a cake), but the eggs were good (mix them VERY well, though, and cook them as an omelete on the stove), and I had yogurt today in my car between classes -- pretty good for stuff you just add water to. I have a problem with eating in between meals, but I'm really trying to make healthier choices. :)

Ham and bean soup reminded me of dog food, the biscotti tasted like wood, and the soy chips were okay, but that's only because I like soy chips. Haha.

I have a question, though: everything's very high in protein. Is there a reason for this? Is it supposed to curb your appetite? It sure isn't Atkins; I mean, there ARE carbs in the stuff... Eh, I don't know.

Archived