Tampa Debarkation

cruisene

I think that might be tough. I don't ever want to be "panic" getting to the airport. I'd Make it after 12. That way if depark goes smoothly, you can take your time getting to air port and relax alittle. If debark gets held up for any reason, you'll have a better chance getting to airport on time. Last time on the legend 3 years ago, customs police were searching for a teenage boy who was accused of raping a teenage girl. He and his family were no where to be found for nearly 2 hours! They kept paging for the family to come to the pursers desk!

We just debarked in Tampa on Saturday. We were at the tail end of the "self-assist" walk-offs and we weren't off until 9:30am. Our neighbors on the ship were self-assist on Deck 7 and weren't off until 9:10. I think a 10:40 flight would be risky.

It is a 15-20 minute ($25+tip) cab ride from the port to TPA in morning rush hour traffic - if there is not a big wreck in your way. :eek: For a 10:40 flight you need to be at TPA by just after 9:00, which means off the ship and clear of customs/immigration by 8:30-8:40 -- that is too ambiitous for me. :o

11:30 or closer to noon would be the earliest I would book. Post this question on the FLA departure board for more responses. Good luck! :)

I've only cruised out of Tampa once, and we had a 1:30pm flight, and even then I had some anxiety, of course this was our first cruise, I am now more relaxed.

Too many things can happen, you have absolutely no control over for a 10:40 flight, I would book later.

Mimgan

Our first Legend cruise last year we didn't get off the ship until 10:30AM. Customs was late getting on which delayed everything else.

We had a similar experiece on the Legend in Tampa. We were an hour late arriving due to weather issues, then there was a Customs/Immigration issue where a few non-US citizens never showed up & they couldn't track them down so we could be cleared for debarkation. We BARELY made it to our 11:50 am flight.

If all went perfectly smooth, and they did self-assist debark, OP might make that flight just fine. But I wouldn't risk it.

Tampa Airport is one of the airports that has a train that goes from the check in area to the gates. Because of this, the airlines have an approximate 1 hour before flight departure cut off for the extra time required for baggage handling and security. Check your airlines's specific rules. Give yourself plently of extra time. The earliest I would book a flight is 1:30pm

Archived