Air from the east coast to Vancouver

Anyone gone to Alaska before on the Sun? Prices for air from Florida to Vancouver are very high. I was thinking of flying into Seattle and then renting a car to Vancouver. I think the rouble of renting the car and then having to rent another one on the return isnt worth it. Any suggestions from anyone as far as airlines to choose or websites to get prices at?

We did Alaska on Princess a few years ago. Flew to Seattle and rented a car to drive to Vancouver. Spent the afternoon in Seattle and then drove up to Vancouver, where we spent 2 days pre cruise. Having the car was great. Returned the car and was shuttled to the ship. On the return we opted for the ship's bus transfer back to Seattle. A breeze!

We are cruising NCL Sun in June. Part of our group is flying Tampa to Seattle on Southwest (they paid $99 each way within a couple days of when the fares were released for summer schedule after June 6). I think one way is just a stop with no plane change ... and the other direction is a plane change in Vegas so they can pull a quick slot machine :D .

We are all doing Hotwire for an airport hotel in SEA, group transportation to the Amtrak station the next morning, and then Amtrak at 7:45 AM to Vancouver for $24 each (heard many good things about the train -and since most in our group have never ridden a train like that we are doing it as much for the experience as for the transportation for getting from point A to B).

Coming back from Vancouver will be QuickShuttle directly to SEA to catch our flights. $43 or $41 each (I can't recall) Leaves 9:40 that morning and arrives 1:30ish pending no backup at the Canadian border.

where will you be catching this quick shuttle at? Does it have a website? also the problem i am having is that on the retuen all flights from seattle bck to florida are really early or really late...............Did you encounter this also?

You also might want to contact NCL to get more info on the transfers. This is the info. I found...

What if I have made my own flight arrangements – will I be able to purchase airport transfers?

Prior to your cruise, transfers may be purchased through NCL by calling reservations at 1.800.327.7030, or on board during your cruise at the Shore Excursion desk.

CoolCruiser21...I've moved this post back from the Cruise Air board because I didn't realize by the title of this thread that you only want past Sun cruisers to respond. On the Cruise Air board you were more likely to get responses from several members cruising on several cruise lines.

I don't know where in florida or when you are leaving, but chances are you will get a better deal flying through Toronto. Right know on West jet out of Tampa change planes in Toronto and direct to vancouver for June you are looking at $192 us one way. If you give me more info I can check some of the Canadian airlines for you.

Hope this helps

I have sailed Alaska five times now and I think that you will find air to Seattle is generally much cheaper than to Vancouver. Normally I would fly in the day prior and stay in Seattle for the night at an airport hotel. The next morning it would be back to the Airport to catch the Quick Shuttle bus to Vancouver. The bus is fine however be prepared for several stops on the way to Vancouver. Try and get the bus that leaves around 8 AM. This should get you to the pier around 12 or 1 PM. The alternative would be to rent a car. That is what I am doing this time around and am looking forward to it. This time around I will be flying in early enough the day prior to pick up the car and head to Vancouver that same day. This will allow us to sight see the next morning in Vancouver with the car. This is probably the best way to go as Vancouver is a beautiful city and really should not be missed. The train is an interesting idea however I would be worried about mechanical problems or late trains. If you take the train the day of your ships departure there may not be much leeway for delays. Attached is the link for the quick shuttle web site. If you really do not want to rent a car I would recommend the quick shuttle. Keep in mind that no matter what you decide you will probably need to stay another night in Seattle on the return as most flights leave in the morning. I would not recommend any flight earlier than 2 or 3 PM.

Archived