Oasis Boardwalk Balcony Deck 14 too high for aft view of the ocean??

We have sailed on Carnival previously, but are now booked on the Oasis in a Boarldwalk balcony cabin on deck 14. This will be the first time we have ever had an interior balcony cabin, but I am hoping that we will still have a nice view of the aqua theatre and of the wake off the aft of the ship. Our cabin is only about ten back from the aft end of the ship, but after looking at pictures of this ship I am concerned that deck 14 will be level with the section of the ship that goes all the way across the the back of the ship joining the two sides possibly spoiling our hopes of an ocean view. Does anyone out there have any input or suggestions if deck 14 is too high to see much of anything or not?

We have sailed on Carnival previously, but are now booked on the Oasis in a Boarldwalk balcony cabin on deck 14. This will be the first time we have ever had an interior balcony cabin, but I am hoping that we will still have a nice view of the aqua theatre and of the wake off the aft of the ship. Our cabin is only about ten back from the aft end of the ship, but after looking at pictures of this ship I am concerned that deck 14 will be level with the section of the ship that goes all the way across the the back of the ship joining the two sides possibly spoiling our hopes of an ocean view. Does anyone out there have any input or suggestions if deck 14 is too high to see much of anything or not?

You may want to go down a deck or two. However, if you are concerned about being able to see the water, then you should consider getting the regular oceanview balcony cabins.

• Like 1

wont be able to see much at all. You need to move further aft and lower if you want to be able to see the water etc. Also zip line etc is right above that deck so you may heara noise/people from that. We had deck 8 and in laws deck 9. We were 4th fromm aft and had a good view but 6 more back is prob too far back.

We sailed on the Oasis last Spring in 2010 and we had a Boardwalk balcony on deck 14 about, about 8 cabins from the back of the ship. We could see the ocean, just not close up of course. If I did it again, I would pick a traditional ocean view balcony to get the true ocean view and privacy. It was nice, however, to "see" the ocean from our room, even though it was seen looking through the aquatheater. I hope you have a great trip, the Oasis was incredible!

I"m just back from the Allure. We booked a Central Park Balcony cabin, just because you can do an ocean-view balcony on ANY ship, and we thought a view of "Central Park" would be nice for a change. This probably wouldn't work for you, as you are concerned about seeing the ocean.

The only reason I"m responding is because after seeing the boardwalk and the rooms overlooking it compared to Central Park, I much preferred being over Central Park. I enjoying spending time in the boardwalk, but would not be happy to have my room overlook it.

So if you truly want to see the ocean, you might be better to go with the traditional ocean-view balcony.

I found this photo taken from deck 15. I think your view of the Aqua Theater will be pretty darned good from 10 cabins back on deck 14! Remember that you will be looking DOWN at the Aqua Theater and the water, not straight over. So that "bridge" should not be an issue at 10 cabins back! :D

Boardwalk.jpg

Also wanted to add that I have stayed in cabin 10729 (last boardwalk view balcony closest to Aqua Theater) and I thought it was great and would book just about ANY boardwalk balcony with no hesitation :D I do normally book an aft ocean view balcony on any other ship, but these Central Park and Boardwalk balconies are just such a fun novelty and for me it is worth giving up my true ocean view just for the fun of it on Oasis/Allure! Our friends sailed in a Central Park view and absolutely loved the peace and tranquility of it, but I preferred the excitement of overlooking the boardwalk. I had tons of fun people-watching, I enjoyed all sorts of impromptu activities out on the boardwalk that I would not have even known was happening otherwise, and I still had my beautiful wake-view. For me there was NO negative for having a boardwalk-view balcony! I loved it!

• Like 1

Hi Bonnie, I think the OP wants a straight out view of the ocean too though.

Btw, we are still on deck 10 :)

Jimbo:)

Yup! They said they want to see the wake....and I think they will have a nice view of it! :D

2598121090092706180S500x500Q85.jpg[/img]

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

we had 14321, 3 back and had a great view of aqua theater and wake. Next time I would try for deck 10, 11 or 12. But we loved our balcony. We had no privacy issues either. You'll have a great view of the zipline too.

Yup! They said they want to see the wake....and I think they will have a nice view of it! :D

2598121090092706180S500x500Q85.jpg[/img]

Think I would like to aleast see some of the water(sea) beyond the wake, not just like looking straight down at the wake like I was jumping into it.:eek:

Think I would like to aleast see some of the water(sea) beyond the wake, not just like looking straight down at the wake like I was jumping into it.:eek:

And you WILL see some of the water (sea) beyond the wake Jimbo, :D because YOU will have the best view of all from YOUR boardwalk balcony on deck 10! But the photo I posted before was taken from deck 15 and the OP's cabin is deck 14, so they will also see more of the wake than what is shown in the photo. It's all good! ;) :D Here is a photo of the view I had from cabin 10729...

2872959330036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

We have always had a balcony with ocean view but decided to try a BWB for the novelty

So, we had cabin # 14307 on the Oasis. Yes, we had a nice view of the aft water.

It was different and a change but will go back to ocean balconies

And you WILL see some of the water (sea) beyond the wake Jimbo, :D because YOU will have the best view of all from YOUR boardwalk balcony on deck 10! But the photo I posted before was taken from deck 15 and the OP's cabin is deck 14, so they will also see more of the wake than what is shown in the photo. It's all good! ;) :D Here is a photo of the view I had from cabin 10729...

2872959330036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

I like your view from deck 10, I know I don't like that view from deck 15, and still not sure I or the OP would like the view from deck 14 with that huge white cat walk looking thing.

Remember when you first stepped foot in a Voyager Class ship and entered the Promenade for the very first time? Remember how high the deck 8's Promenade Cabins Bay window were looking up. That was just 3 decks up from the Promenade, I can't even imagine how high those deck 14's Boardwalk Balconies are from the Boardwalk.

I guess people down on the boardwalk from the deck 14 balconies will look just like people on the Pier in one of the ports when you are on the Promenade deck looking down. :eek:

Edited by Jimbo

Thank you all who posted your opinions to my question about a deck 14 balcony. Bonnie, your pictures are just wonderful! It's good to know that even way high up there on deck 14 we'll still be able to see some ocean water while sailing. However, I "really" like your view from deck 10 because you truly have that "aft ocean view" which is unbeatable!! This will be our first RCCL cruise. We have only sailed on the Carnival ships and none of them are as tall as the Oasis so it's a little hard to compare or get a feel for where we need to be regarding deck. We will have our DS 9 and DD 2 with us so I was thinking that being a deck below the pool area and casual restaurant would be convenient vs. running up mulitple floors to grab something to eat if we need to take it back to our cabin for whatever reason.

Called TA this morning and managed to switch our boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 14 down to deck 11...same location about 10 back from the aqua theatre. I think we will have a much better view of the fountain show and high dive show at the aqua theatre during the week as well as now should be able to have a great view of the ocean behind the ship. Thanks to everyone for posting your comments.

Called TA this morning and managed to switch our boardwalk balcony cabin on deck 14 down to deck 11...same location about 10 back from the aqua theatre. I think we will have a much better view of the fountain show and high dive show at the aqua theatre during the week as well as now should be able to have a great view of the ocean behind the ship. Thanks to everyone for posting your comments.

Very good move! You will love it! :D

• 1 year later...

This is an older thread, but I kinda have the same question.

Currently booked in 14709 Boardwalk balcony (thought Deck 14 is convenient for my DS attending Adventure Ocean and being 1 deck down from food)....

But 10709 is also available and now I'm afraid we're located too high up on the ship. What's your advice/opinion? Should we move? (And no, these are the furthest AFTs available, so we can't get a better cabin to see the Aqua shows)... Thanks in advance!

• 6 years later...