Excursions/activities with 16 month old

Winemyst

We're planning to cruise on Allure with our 16 mon old in November (she'll be 16 months by then). We're fully aware of what we are doing, so I don't need anybody to tell me we're crazy. We are planning on a laid back go with the flow week, that being said, I'm not sure what our best options in port will be.

We have never been to St. Maarten and would love to do an island tour and I really want to see the market. We'd also like some beach time for the little one to run around and play. My concern is, in the other island if I remember correctly the taxis are all open air bench seats, fine for us, not so sure about a 16 month old. So here are my many questions

Are there any van taxis?

Can we bring a car seat?

What is the best beach for little ones?

Is there a beach in walking distance from port?

are royal caribbean tours in vans or open air taxis?

if we can't do it all, thats ok because we'll be back someday.

We're planning to cruise on Allure with our 16 mon old in November (she'll be 16 months by then). We're fully aware of what we are doing, so I don't need anybody to tell me we're crazy. We are planning on a laid back go with the flow week, that being said, I'm not sure what our best options in port will be.

We have never been to St. Maarten and would love to do an island tour and I really want to see the market. We'd also like some beach time for the little one to run around and play. My concern is, in the other island if I remember correctly the taxis are all open air bench seats, fine for us, not so sure about a 16 month old. So here are my many questions

Are there any van taxis?

Can we bring a car seat?

What is the best beach for little ones?

Is there a beach in walking distance from port?

are royal caribbean tours in vans or open air taxis?

if we can't do it all, thats ok because we'll be back someday.

It has been reported recently that the taxi's all do have seat belts and it is law to wear them. Check on the family board re: car seat availabiliy in taxi's. Can not see why you could not bring a car seat if you choose to. The best beach is Le Galion or "baby "beach" and it is $18 for 2 and $7 I think for the third for the one-way 25 minute or so ride. The butterfly farm is very nearby and may be a good place to go with a toddler. I don't remember the last time that I saw open air taxi's on the island. Most taxi's are mini van style. The beach that is within walking distance is polluted and we don't swim in there.

Just to let you know, the St. Maarten Park and Zoo is also another place to visit with young children.

Have fun and take lot's of pictures.:)

Archived