Chops menu change

The manager at chops on the Serenade last week told us chops will be getting a complete menu over-hall in the next two weeks fleet wide. He also said chops and portifino may combine menu's in one location to make room for new restaurants. Anyone else heard anything about this?

I don't see how they could combine the two existing specialty restaurants. They need all the space they currently have.

I'm thinking of Freedom and Liberty . . . I wonder if they could "carve out" a new specialty area from a portion of the Windjammer? Given that they're seating suite guests there for breakfast, it wouldn't be a big space issue for the Windjammer. Or, for that matter, they could carve out an area from the MDR -- they already have those two rooms at the back, which are kind of like "banquet rooms" or "group rooms" (but no one likes them). With more and more people seeming to dislike dressing for dinner and more and more people choosing My Time Dining, I suspect they might be able to spare the MDR space.

I could imagine RC wanting to do this. The restaurants make $$$ for them, and if 3-4 specialties were available, some people would feel the need to sample them all.

I don't see how they could combine the two existing specialty restaurants. They need all the space they currently have.

I'm thinking of Freedom and Liberty . . . I wonder if they could "carve out" a new specialty area from a portion of the Windjammer? Given that they're seating suite guests there for breakfast, it wouldn't be a big space issue for the Windjammer. Or, for that matter, they could carve out an area from the MDR -- they already have those two rooms at the back, which are kind of like "banquet rooms" or "group rooms" (but no one likes them). With more and more people seeming to dislike dressing for dinner and more and more people choosing My Time Dining, I suspect they might be able to spare the MDR space.

I could imagine RC wanting to do this. The restaurants make $$$ for them, and if 3-4 specialties were available, some people would feel the need to sample them all.

They said they were combining the menus....not the space. I'm assuming the idea would be that at the Chops space, you could order from what is now 2 menus. In the new space, there would be a new restaurant (I'm guessing one of the ones from Oasis/Allure).

My Mom just went through the whole MDR menu this past weekend (with pics someone posted) and picked what she was going to eat for the entire cruise! She doesn't cook very 'fancy' food and her and Dad eat the same things on the same nights every week (BOOOOOORING!), so as this is her first cruise all the food looks to her like it comes from a 5 star restaurant. She is so excited about all the food and asked me if there was a possibility the menu would change before our May cruise and I said "Nah....it's been the same forever according to CC". Ummm.....I think I will keep the fact that they are changing it my little secret and act surprised if it does change. If she doesn't get the brie and asparagus tart she now has as her screensaver, she may just throw me overboard!! :eek:

some people would feel the need to sample them all.

LOL! You got that right! I will be on Radiance after the renovations and I will have 6 (SIX!) restaurants to try on a 7 night cruise ... not to mention 2 others (no charge) that I plan on trying for lunch :D I have plenty of OBC to use ... but I would probably go anyway. I know there are lots of people who don't like the idea of having to pay extra, but I am not one of those people. (I am frugal ... but I don't think it is such a bad deal - and I am on vacation) :)

The manager at chops on the Serenade last week told us chops will be getting a complete menu over-hall in the next two weeks fleet wide. He also said chops and portifino may combine menu's in one location to make room for new restaurants. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Well, that would take care of the only reason we would even remotely think about going to Portifinos. We LOVED their Tiramasu, but did not enjoy the meal the first time we went there. So the next sailing we booked Chops twice and asked if we could get the Tiramasu from Portifinos. We were told they are not allowed to do that. But our server who was phenomenal brought to us at then end of a meal a plate with a cover and napkin/silverwear and told us not to open it till we got back to our cabin. YEAH!! Tiramasu. NOW, maybe we won't have to feel like we're making them cheat.

Here's hoping.

Erika

Archived