Closed toe shoes in Chef's Table

tkabrk

when we did ours on the Freedom, it was suggested but chef said if we were comfortable in whatever then wear that. You go into the galley and it is dangerous if something would spill or you slip but I wore sandals cause that;s all I had and it was fine. Never felt unsafe.

I too was freaked out before the cruise cuz I had heard something about 'closed toe' shoes for the Chef's table and to be quite honest these TOES want to be 'unclosed' as much as possible on a cruise - coming from a cold climate where 'closed' shoes are worn from September to June?

I never bring any closed toe shoes with me (except my runners of course and I sure wasn't wearing those to dinner).

In fact I forgot all about this issue and the chef did not mention anything about shoes during our 'pre-dinner' chat the night before....yes I wore sandals and no problem at all. I would not wear spike heels or heels as mentioned but there was no strict requirements for any specific type of shoe!

I wore my sneakers for the Chef's Table. It's not like anyone was looking at my feet.:p You need to have shoes that are comfortable for walking through the galley - it can be slippery in spots. Don't wear heels - try to wear something that has some traction on the bottom.

Archived