Evening shows/ Entertainment

I've never been on a cruise before, so I apologize if this is a silly question...

I've been able to book special restaurants and excursions online, but have been unable to find how to book shows. Are they all simply first come, first serve, or do I have to wait to book on the ship? I'm hoping we'll be able to reserve ahead of time so we will be able to see them all without the stress of "getting there early" to be able to get a seat.

I'm taking the Liberty of the Seas on March 19th.

Thank you!

On the Liberty you cannot book in advance. You should have no trouble finding a seat. I would get there early for the ice show and quest since those events are held in a smaller venue.

Enjoy your first cruise! The Liberty is an amazing ship!

On our ship you can't book them in advance. You can only do that on the Oasis & Allure. Just plan on getting there about 25 minutes before the show starts and you will have no problem finding a great seat. If you ask on our thread one of the posters has the lineup of all of the entertainers that will be onboard with us. It's on the thread, just not sure how many pages back. :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

Most of the shows other than on the Oasis/Allure there is no booking required. The main shows each evening are often scheduled around the two dinner seatings. Sometimes late seating dinner will have a 7PM show and the first seating will do 9PM, they also may schedule the shows say 8:30 and 10:30. Either way no booking required, just show up. The ice shows are offered several times during the cruise, it's the same show repeated. There will also be some late nite offerings more on the adult side as well.

Have a great cruise!!

You will need tickets for the ice show. Look in the Cruise Compass for when and where they will be distributed. There will be several showings during the week. Tickets are free.
They don't pass out tickets anymore on the Liberty, it's first come first served now like the other shows.

BonVoyage

Dawna

They don't pass out tickets anymore on the Liberty, it's first come first served now like the other shows.

Same with Mariner a few months ago. I think RCI is heading toward going ticketless for the ice shows. It's much better this way - you only have to line up once. :)

rer0322, enjoy your first cruise! Liberty is a wonderful ship. We really enjoyed our family vacation a few years back. Just watching our teenaged son at the buffet was enough to put a smile on my face the whole trip. :D

Also wanted to mention something that we learned on these boards some years ago and it was very helpful: the Café Promenade is a great place to have a quick snackie and just sit and watch the people go by. They offer lots of delicious goodies but the cookies are out of this world! There are thermoses of coffee and hot water there, which are free (included in your cruise fare). There is a separate "Seattle's Best Coffee" which is a pay venue - you will be charged for lattés, brewed coffee, etc. BUT the coffee in the thermoses is no extra charge - plus we thought it was quite good). Help yourself to the coffee, grab a cookie and enjoy your time on Liberty.

Archived