Dawn mini-suite question

cruiser1955a

About to book a fall Bermuda cruise. Can anyone tell me the difference between the mid ship balcony, and the mid ship mini-suite?

Is the extra square footage all in the "luxury bath", or is the room larger (wider or deeper) ?

What is a "luxury bath" exactly ?

Is the balcony any bigger ?

I've only sailed the Spirit, and was happy with mid ship balcony, but a slightly larger room would be a nice treat. If it's only a larger bath, I could live without it.

Thanks in advance !

About to book a fall Bermuda cruise. Can anyone tell me the difference between the mid ship balcony, and the mid ship mini-suite?

Is the extra square footage all in the "luxury bath", or is the room larger (wider or deeper) ?

What is a "luxury bath" exactly ?

Is the balcony any bigger ?

I've only sailed the Spirit, and was happy with mid ship balcony, but a slightly larger room would be a nice treat. If it's only a larger bath, I could live without it.

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

Have had a mini-suite on the Star and Dawn, an OV on the Dream, and a balcony on the Sky. We feel the extra room in the mini- suite is worth every penny. I don't know exactly how much more room you have, but you're not bumping into each other!

There is extra square footage in the room itself, it is not all in the "Luxury Bath." The room is deeper than the standard balcony, and there is a heavy drape that can be pulled between the sleeping area and the sitting area (or secondary sleeping area depending on the number of passengers in the room). The "Luxury Bath" has a bathtub instead of shower only, and you also get some spa branded shampoo, bath gel, and lotions that I'm not sure you would get in the standard balcony cabins, but others can correct me if I am wrong on that. I am not sure if the balcony size is any different or not.

We've stayed in both Mini Suites and Standard Balconies, and the extra room is very nice, especially on the longer cruises. Here is a picture of Mini-suite 11596 on the Dawn. It was taken on Feb 11, 2011.

11596.jpg.307a52c8664647d773dba0013ff07106.jpg

• 2 months later...
They say the mid ship mini suites come with two lower beds that can be combined to make a queen bed and "additional bedding for two." Are there actual beds/bunks/pullout couch or just blankets?

It is a pull out couch.

Luxury Bath - funniest thing I have read here in a long time.

Still laughing.

Had a balcony on Ruby Princess and the shower (no tub) gave you no room to turn around. I am only 190lbs with a 32 waist. Not a big guy. The mini on the Jewel had a tub, but not a standard tub. I could at least turn around and wash my A*% without getting water on the floor. NCL is great and the cabin selections are good. We thought the NCL mini was wort it. Our best friends booked a balcony and the four of us couldn't sit out there in the evenings together. The balcony was small. It was one of those "cut out" balconey's though. Mini is worth the money if you are going for more that four or five days. One other advantage of the deck 11 mini is the separate water closet area. Either way. Have a good trip!

Archived