Beaches on "non-electric" side?

sr5242

Last time we were in Cozumel it was an unplanned stop, and we just found a company on the street to take us on a city tour. We toured a side of the island the driver mentioned had no electricity. But they had the most gorgeous beaches I've ever seen.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a cab or a driver to take us there? On one of the beaches was a small inn or something with the name similar to Ventanas al Mar?

Any info is appreciated!

Last time we were in Cozumel it was an unplanned stop, and we just found a company on the street to take us on a city tour. We toured a side of the island the driver mentioned had no electricity. But they had the most gorgeous beaches I've ever seen.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a cab or a driver to take us there? On one of the beaches was a small inn or something with the name similar to Ventanas al Mar?

Any info is appreciated!

Yes you can take a taxi there, or arrange a tour of the whole East Side. See the threads here on hiring a driver for the day. There are a couple who you can prearrange with, but be sure to get the latest contact information. Swimming on the east side is limited. The main swim beach is Chen Rio. You can also swim at Punta Mornea if the water isn't too rough. Playa Bonita, Coconuts, Chen Rio, Punta Morena and Mezcalitos all serve food and drink. Ventanas is next to Coconuts. Not sure of what they offer or if they're still open or open all year.

Archived