Reception Decor

What type of reception are you having? Will it be in the disco with a DJ, is it the luncheon? Each situation will be different. If it is in the disco, then there will only be a few high top tables. I only decorated my entrance table that had favors and signature frame on it. I also had 6 small picture frames with engagement photos in them, and disposable cameras scattered amung the other high top tables.

I am doing the 1 hour reception with an open bar, hot and cold h'orderves, NO DJ only the tech sound guy. I have already requested a table for the favors but not sure about the other tables. Thanks for the info.

Here are a couple of pictures on how the hot and cold h'orderves will be set up. My entrance table was not very large, but it may be because there are no gifts. I had a get together in a lounge pnboard prior to my actual wedding, in which they also had high very small tables such as high top style. I would not plan for anything big on the tables, if anything at all. My frames and camera took up plenty of space when people have drinks and plates of food on the few random tables that were there. The food and cake area are really done up nice, so things will not be boring. Unfortunatly I do not have a picture of a table, I have attached the closed thing I have, which is just what I put on the tables.

824619231_food2(2).jpg.59c187e4068c3512065cfa98fcabd6fa.jpg

1032570518_food(2).jpg.58e06e5425218e32de6ef453f7e3e560.jpg

1001316216_tabletop(2).jpg.f49e1a668be5ee303cc8fb6d6e8f3beb.jpg

Just remember that you have to lug all the stuff onto the ship! We were married on the Carnival Spirit. We used the chapel and the Shanghai lounge. They really didn't need any decorating. We did bring in our own custom printed cocktail napkins in our 2 wedding color. We also brought our own cake topper, kiddish cup and guest favors and guest bags for the sailing guests. that alone took up 2 plastic tubs. Unless you have lots of guest coming who can help you carry it all on board...think about going light!

I am getting married on the Carnival Paradise in June and I am having trouble deciding which decorations to bring as well. I don't want the reception to be so plain and white. I was thinking about the beverage napkins, but not sure how else to make it "ours" with out knowing exactly how TWE will decorate it. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

Archived