How to get a table for two on Victory??

h20skier

My husband and I are sailing in 24 days on Victory. It's our first time on Carnival, 5th time cruising. On other ships we've been able to request table size along w/ dining time. Not an option on Carnival. Called our vacation consultant from Carnival, and he said it's not something they can do prior to the cruise. He said we had to ask the maitre'd each night by getting to the dining room 10-15 minutes before dinner. Has anyone done this? OR, is there another method that works? This is an anniversary cruise for us, and we'd just prefer to eat by ourselves. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you have early or late seating, go see the maitre'd on the day you board. Ask where and what time he will be available. If you have anytime dining, you just tell the hostess that you prefer a table for two. Good luck..

My husband and I are sailing in 24 days on Victory. It's our first time on Carnival, 5th time cruising. On other ships we've been able to request table size along w/ dining time. Not an option on Carnival. Called our vacation consultant from Carnival, and he said it's not something they can do prior to the cruise. He said we had to ask the maitre'd each night by getting to the dining room 10-15 minutes before dinner. Has anyone done this? OR, is there another method that works? This is an anniversary cruise for us, and we'd just prefer to eat by ourselves. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you fixed dinning then you just need to ask for a change when you board. The maitre'd will be available sometime that afternoon. Put in a request and see what happens. Doing this daily will do nothing

We were on Victory this past September and had requested a small table, late sitting when we booked. When we boarded the ship, we went straight to the dining room and they had us at a table for 10:eek:

We got a hold of the maitre 'd to see if he could do anything to change it and at least give us a table for 4 or 6. He said he'd see what he could do and advise us before dinner the following night. We received a note in our cabin the next morning, giving us our new table number (which was a table for two) and we really loved it. We've always had tablemates on all our cruises, but decided to see how it would be with just the two of us. We loved the fact that we didn't have to sit and wait for everybody to show up, and found it so much quicker. Now it's my time dining for us.. always a table for two :D

Good luck getting your table for two and enjoy your cruise.

Interesting...when I asked our Carnival vacation consultant if we'd be better off doing anytime dining in order to get a table for two, he said, "Absolutely not! Everyone else will be trying to get a table for two also." So, the majority of you are saying he's wrong? Are we better off switching to anytime dining, or still just trying to ask the maitre'd? We won't be arriving on board until later in the afternoon... will that be a problem?

Thanks for all the responses!

Interesting...when I asked our Carnival vacation consultant if we'd be better off doing anytime dining in order to get a table for two, he said, "Absolutely not! Everyone else will be trying to get a table for two also." So, the majority of you are saying he's wrong? Are we better off switching to anytime dining, or still just trying to ask the maitre'd? We won't be arriving on board until later in the afternoon... will that be a problem?

I would switch to anytime dining if you can. When you have anytime, they will ask you each night if you want to sit alone or be with others.

It seems like anytime dining had way more tables for 2 than traditional dining.

Wow... I say he is VERY wrong. Once I tried Anytime Dining (done it a couple cruises now), I will never go back to Traditional dining. Way too many positives & a great experience every time.

The flexibility of going to dinner when you are ready & when you are hungry without trying to meet a schedule when on vacation works for me!! It was even better service for us, as well. And you get to sit with who YOU want to.;)

Wow... I say he is VERY wrong. Once I tried Anytime Dining (done it a couple cruises now), I will never go back to Traditional dining. Way too many positives & a great experience every time.

The flexibility of going to dinner when you are ready & when you are hungry without trying to meet a schedule when on vacation works for me!! It was even better service for us, as well. And you get to sit with who YOU want to.;)

Agree 100%.. we'd never go back to traditional dining with a large table again! We love anytime dining with just the two of us and it's always worked great for us too ;)

We are just back from a cruise. We had early dinning, and wanted a table for 2, so we went to see the matre d the afternoon we boarded , but while in line a worker came to us & said it would be better to just go to dinner that night & then ask after dinner, that was what the matre d was telling everyone. So we went to dinner & it was a table for 4. The other couple came late, so when we were finished dinner we went & talked to the Matre d. He said that it is hard, but he would let us know before dinner the next night. The next day we recieved a note saying we had a table for 2 with our early dinning. It was nice.

On our last cruise, we had a table for two in the dining room. Now, we're quiet and more reserved people, but I felt this was a let down. I prefer having at least one other couple at the table to get to know them. Fortunately, a table for four opened up, and we were able to take that table over with another couple who was disappointed with having a table for two.

Thanks for asking this question, H20 -- I got put into evening dining on our Victory sailing when I would prefer anytime dining. My husband and I are used to the "Freestyle" of NCL. I'm so happy that we can request a table for two!

But... dumb question... where can I find the Maitre'd?

Thanks!

Thanks for asking this question, H20 -- I got put into evening dining on our Victory sailing when I would prefer anytime dining. My husband and I are used to the "Freestyle" of NCL. I'm so happy that we can request a table for two!

But... dumb question... where can I find the Maitre'd?

Thanks!

When we boarded Victory, we went straight to the dining room (around 2:00 p.m.) and checked out our table. When we found we were seated at a large table, we spoke with somebody who was there making notes of requested table changes...not sure if it was the maitre d' or not but they will write down your name/cabin number and the change you request. We were told we'd be advised before dinner the next day as to our new table number. Dinner on boarding day is open seating so you may or may not get your table for two. The next morning we had a notice delivered to our cabin stating our new table number (which was a table for two).

They DO try to be very accommodating to most requests so good luck and enjoy your cruise. :)

When we boarded Victory, we went straight to the dining room (around 2:00 p.m.) and checked out our table. When we found we were seated at a large table, we spoke with somebody who was there making notes of requested table changes...not sure if it was the maitre d' or not but they will write down your name/cabin number and the change you request. We were told we'd be advised before dinner the next day as to our new table number. Dinner on boarding day is open seating so you may or may not get your table for two. The next morning we had a notice delivered to our cabin stating our new table number (which was a table for two).

They DO try to be very accommodating to most requests so good luck and enjoy your cruise. :)

THANK YOU! We will try that, and cross our fingers! I appreciate your response!

Archived