Carnival Trip Protection Now Covers Independent airfare

Ken076

As of 01 March 2011 the Carnival Vacation Protection Plan now specifically covers Independently booked airfare (pre and post cruise)!!!! This makes the Carnival Policy a bit more competitive, as the premium is based on the Cruisefare only. ken

As of 01 March 2011 the Carnival Vacation Protection Plan now specifically covers Independently booked airfare (pre and post cruise)!!!! This makes the Carnival Policy a bit more competitive, as the premium is based on the Cruisefare only. ken

Happy to hear this.....it was one of the things I was worried about when I purchased Carnival Insurance. Now I can relax and enjoy. Oh, can I ask where u found this info? I like to print and take the info with me to avoid any problems. THANKS!!

Happy to hear this.....it was one of the things I was worried about when I purchased Carnival Insurance. Now I can relax and enjoy. Oh, can I ask where u found this info? I like to print and take the info with me to avoid any problems. THANKS!!

The new Policy is listed at http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/vacation_protection_plan/Carnival_plan_desc_1010.pdf .

Read it and make sure it anddresses your expectations.

Also, I'd check with the Berkely 800 number and assure that if you purchased the Policy before 01 March 2011, your coverage IS the 01 March 2011 Policy which is stated as "for CRUISES beginning 01 March 2011". Wit some previous situations there were some problems getting the new policy applied if you puerchased before the start date.

In the future, especially if you're younger, you might at least check some of the CSA, TravelInsured, TravelEX..... polixcies for expanded coverage at a lower cost.

ken

Archived